luffy.

**I do not own any of the characters from One Piece. Enjoy the story!!**

"Luffy you..." Hammock looked at me with a blank stare as I sat there on the couch in shame. She walked towards me and slapped me across the face. Twice, actually. Hammock's eyes started tearing up, and she fell to the ground onto her knees and hid her face in her hands, and cried. "How could you?" she cried, "We're supposed to get married and have a family, and you... you kissed her. If you loved her instead, why didn't you tell me, Luffy?"

I slowly got up from the couch and sat down next to Hammock on the ground. She looked up at me with sad eyes, and I tucked a strand of her black, silky hair behind her ear. "If I tried, you wouldn't listen." 

Hammock shook her head. "Why would you think that?" she asked me, "Why? Of course, I would listen to you. It's just..." Hammock looked down at her lap as a tear rolled down her face. "You're right. I wouldn't listen. All I would do is ignore you, or tell you that isn't true. I didn't know you felt that way, Luffy. Dammit, I should've known you loved her. Not me." Hammock then took the ring off of her hand and placed it in my hand. "We should probably end the engagement now, shouldn't we?" Slowly, I nodded my head. Hammock looked up at me and placed one last kiss on my cheek. "I really did love you, Luffy. You may not believe it, but... Ugh. Thank you for being honest and telling me about this."

"Listen, I truly am sorry," I said, "I didn't want to hurt you or have things end like this. Trust me." Hammock wiped away her tears with her arm and sniffled. She got up from the ground and took a deep breath. "But, uh, where should I live now?" I asked.

Hammock sighed and said, "You can stay here until you find a place. Unless your  little girlfriend, Nami, wants you to stay."

"She's not my girlfriend yet," I said, "She's dating someone else named Oliver." 

Hammock's eyes became really wide. "She-What?" I shouldn't have said anything, should I?

"Uh, Nami will break up with him at some point though, I'm sure!" I laughed as I scratched the back of my neck. Hammock had this evil look in her eye. What the hell did I just do?!

"Interesting," Hammock laughed, "Well, that's news, now isn't it?" I sighed and stood up from the floor. I placed both of my hands on Hammock's shoulders and looked her straight in her eyes. She tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear then looked up at me. "So, she cheated as well?"

"Don't say anything to Oliver, Hammock," I sighed, "Please. Nami told me she'll talk to him about it, okay?"

Hammock shook her head. "No, she won't. And it's Hancock, Luffy. Not Hammock. God, why has it taken you so long to finally figure out my damn name?!" Hammock then took a deep breath and took my hands off of her shoulders. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap like that. I won't say anything to her boyfriend."

"Do you even know him in the first place?" I asked Hammock. She became really quiet for a second then laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah," she laughed, "Well we've been pretty close friends for a while now. Nothing special about it, really." Hammock looked away from me and started walking towards the front door. "Listen, I'm going to go walk around. I need some time to think right now. Please inform my parents that the engagement is off, Luffy."

To show that I understood, I nodded my head as Hammock walked out the door. I pulled out my phone and searched for Hammock's parents' number. When I found it, I clicked on "Call." The phone rang and rang until they finally picked up.