ambivalance-pt.2

;; 14th February 2021

—4:30PM

"Hey Gyu, I'm clocking out early today," Yuri informed as she took off her apron.

"As your best friend, I would let you but as your colleague? Nah baby," Beomgyu teased as smirked playfully.

Yuri narrowed her eyes at Beomgyu before swinging an arm around him, putting him in headlock despite being shorter than him. Beomgyu only giggled before gently prying her arm off him, swiftly spinning around as his nose grazed softly against hers.

Feeling a blush creep up on her cheeks, Yuri scoffed dryly as she slightly pushed Beomgyu away.

"I'll see you tomorrow you clingy brat," Yuri said as she grabbed her bag.

"Where are you going anyways?" Beomgyu huffed out poutily.

"Taehyun set me up on a blind date in this damn café. He said I've been single for far too long," Yuri whined, clearly despising such a plan.

Beomgyu raised a brow at the mention of a blind date, a pang of jealousy and worry filling his heart. Despite being in juvie for 3 years, his love towards his best friend grew more and more. After every visit made, it always left Beomgyu wishing for more time with the girl he loved dearly.

"So you'll just be.. here? As like a customer?" Beomgyu asked in disbelief.

"I swear I'd rather work alongside your annoying ass than go on that blind date," Yuri huffed out in annoyance.

"Well, I'm on closing shift today! Just send a signal if you need me to be your knight in shining armour," Beomgyu winked before chuckling at an irritated Yuri.

"I'm already dreading it,"

As he watched the brunette trudge her feet warily towards a vacant seat, Beomgyu could only wish that her blind date was decent enough.

—5:30PM

An hour had passed and Yuri's blind date was already an hour late. Sitting impatiently, Yuri pouted tiredly at Beomgyu who glanced every now and then at her.

"He's late," Yuri mouthed irritatedly at Beomgyu.

"That bastard!" Beomgyu mouthed just as irritatedly.

Yuri shook her head in amusement, comforted by the fact that he kept her company despite the café's peak hour. Her mind wandered around a million thoughts—one of it wondering what it's like to be loved by Choi Beomgyu.

For she loved him but was too fearful to ask him if he reciprocated the same love.

—8:30PM

For 4 hours did Yuri wait for her date to show up—4 hours of her life was spent looking like a hopeless romantic sitting alone in a café filled with couples.

Groaning in annoyance, Yuri abruptly got up from her seat before storming out of the stuffy café. It was the winter season and she had forgotten to bring a coat thick enough to shield her from the cold. Allowing a tear to escape her eye, Yuri had never felt more embarrassed after being stood up by a guy she never met.

Shivering in the cold, Yuri exhaled a shakey breath as she walked under the snowing night sky. Muttering several curse words to herself did she not realise the sudden warmth that cascaded over her shivering body.

"Stupid donkey headass, I can't believe I waited 4 hours for a shithead when I could've been spending time with Beomie," Yuri rambled to herself out loud.

Unbeknownst to her that Beomgyu himself was quietly walking alongside her, intently listening to her rambling. He chuckled softly as he watched the endearing girl talk to herself.

"I should've just turned Taehyun's offer down and just tell him that I've already got my eye on someone for the past 13 years!" Yuri grumbled.

"Ooo so who's this guy?"

"Choi Beomgyu of cour- BEOMGYU WHAT THE FUCK?!" Yuri exclaimed before hiding her face from Beomgyu.

Chuckling at the shorter girl, Beomgyu could only feel his heart flutter at Yuri's accidental confession. Shaking his head in amusement, Beomgyu gently pulled Yuri close to him before securely buttoning his coat over her.

"13 years huh?" Beomgyu asked as he encircled his arms around Yuri's waist.

"Well you see, I thought it was just puppy love! But as we grew older, I just started seeing every part of you clearer and realised I loved you for you—why am I even telling you this?!" Yuri exclaimed as she covered her face with her small hands.

"Because for the past 13 years, I loved you for you too Yuri and I still do,"

Before Yuri could retort back noisily, Beomgyu connected his lips with Yuri's. Only then did Yuri finally decide to embrace her true feelings towards the boy she loved dearly.

For he finally made it clear to her that he reciprocated the same love that night.