CASE OF THE EX (part 2)

Oh wow…that turned out really ugly – the talk with the Ex. But I’m glad it was finally over.

The ‘talk’ became a full-blown argument with both of us cursing and shouting at each other. We were on the other side of the venue’s back door so there weren’t so many people to witness that ugly spat. When both of us calmed down, I said my final words and walked out on him. Sadly, I don’t think we’ll end up as friends. Maybe in the future. The distant future perhaps.

I was very angry and still fuming while I slowly headed back to the dressing room, desperately fighting off the tears on my face. I arrived just outside of the dressing room and heard the lads laughing.  I took a quick peek and there were some fans and their family inside. I’m not very good at faking body language and they would definitely notice that something was up with me. I can’t handle questions at that moment and I knew that I’m going to burst out crying if anyone tries to talk to me. I decided I need an isolated space to cry and to once and for all, let out this anger.

I walked-ran my way back to where I had that final talk with the Ex and when I felt that I was completely alone, the tears just automatically overflowed. I felt so angry I was sobbing so hard and was trying to catch my breath from crying. It almost felt like having an asthma attack. I held onto the wall for support and continued sobbing the crap out of my heart.

“Y/N…”

I immediately turned around, startled at the sound of the voice and saw Ross standing still near the door. He was staring at me dumbfounded and I shamelessly continued to bawl my eyes out. I had no plans of forcing myself to make it look like I’m okay. Just at this moment, I was upset and angry and I will let it all out.

I sat on the pavement slowly feeling exhausted but my sobs haven’t subsided. Ross was still glued on his spot quite speechless, looking at me.

“Y-you’re crying…” He whispered in a surprised tone. I didn’t have the energy to be sarcastic or to question his disbelief.

I felt him slowly sitting beside me on the pavement and didn’t move an inch. I sniffed and wiped my nose and was catching my breath before I broke into sobs once again. I didn’t care anymore when Ross stared at me wide-eyed, looking slightly freaked out.

I felt Ross’ hand gently tapped my shoulder twice and whispered a very awkward, “There, there.”

I slowly turned to stare at him, my sobs instantly stopped. He smiled, blushed out of embarrassment and ended up shrugging his shoulders. He looked like a very confused, clueless kitten. Ross must have been quite taken aback seeing me cry like a baby.

“I-I’m sorry…I d-don’t really…I’m not sure how to make you feel better.”

I let out a chuckle and wiped some tears off my eye. He did try and he looked funny with that awkward, confuse expression on his face.

“I appreciate your effort. Thank you.” I smiled at him and felt like a heavy load has been immediately lifted off my chest.  Wow…that was quick.

“I’m just…often used to see the stressed out, tough side, panicky side of you…not this…so I’m not really sure what to do.” Ross said softly. “At least you’re smiling now…” He added and scooted closer. He grinned proudly at himself and tapped his shoulder, motioning me to lean on it. I chuckled louder this time but followed him and leaned my head on his shoulder.  I sighed and thought I could use any kind of comforting at this time.   

“How did you find me here anyway?” I, once again, wiped my nose. There were still tears squeezing out my eyes.

“I saw your head poking outside the dressing room and you had this weird face. I thought something weird was going on and you walked out and my instinct told me to follow you.”