Part Five

Saturday came around in what felt like no time at all. I'd never been to the laser dome before, I've never even been on a real date for that matter. I sat in front of my mirror debating what kind of look I should go for. I wanted to dress nice, but comfortable since I'm sure we'd be sitting down for a while. There was a knock on my door. "Come in!"
          My mother walked in and sat on the edge of my bed. "You excited for your date?" She looked almost more excited than I was.
          "Ofcourse mom, I'm just nervous." I admitted.
           "Just don't have sex! I knew someone who had premarital sex once... she died." She warned me. I only rolled my eyes in response. I heard honking outside, so I ran past my mom quickly put on my shoes and jacket and was out the door without even saying goodbye.
I ran to Kim's car, and Nick opened the back door for me from the inside where he was sitting. I sat down next to him and closed the door. "You excited? Nick whispered while putting his arm around me.
"Yeah! I've never been before."
"Trust me you'll have fun," he looked through a bag on the floor next to him and pulled out something, hiding it behind his back, "especially with this!" He opened his hand to reveal a plastic baggie with with mushrooms. "Kim told me you've done these a few times so I thought I'd surprise you!"
"No way! Oh, this is gonna be so rad!" I exclaimed. We split them equally among the four of us and chowed down. I laughed at Nicks grossed out face as he forced them down. "Let's buy some snacks before we go in." I recommend and Kim pulled up to a small convenience store. From the moment I walked in I noticed a guy in there staring at me. I had no idea who he was but I made note to watch out for him. I went towards the back where the drinks were and pulled out a yoohoo. I turned around to see that same guy standing right in front of me.
"Hey, how you doin'?" He said in a low breathy voice. Nick and the others were already by the check out counter waiting in line. "Hello? Are you gonna respond or are you deaf?" The guy said more aggressively this time. He stepped closer to me. I looked back to the front to see they were gone. They didn't leave me did they? I panicked. I looked at the guy who then made a worried face. I then felt two hands grab me by the waist and pull me close to them. I looked up to see Nick, who was holding me against him.
"Can I help you?" Nick said in a threatening tone to the man, who immediately backed off, and escaped to a different aisle. "You alright, (Y/N)?" He looked down at me worried.
"Yeah, I'm alright. That guy was just a creep." He grabbed the yoohoo out of my hand and we walked up to the front counter where he paid for my drink as well as a few other snacks. We walked back out to the car and drove off.
We arrived at the Laser Dome, when I started to feel the effects of the shrooms kick in. It doesn't all hit at once so I knew we were good for a little while, we all just felt very high. Nick bought my ticket and we found our seats. Nick and I sat next to each other while Kim and Daniel sat together a few rows behind us. It wasn't too packed, only a few couples plus a party of about 6 people together, so we had a bit of space to ourselves. We leaned our seats back so we were almost laying down and Nick put his arm around me.
The show started and so did the trip. We sang along to the music and watched the colourful lights dance around the room. We laughed and talked the whole time, and when a guy from one of the other groups told us to be quiet, Kim threatened to key his car which just made all of us just laugh even more.
As the show went on, the music calmed down to a slower tempo. I could feel Nick playing with my hair. I looked up at him and smiled. My eyes were drawn down to his shirt, it was the album cover of some band I had never heard of but I was infatuated with the art. It was some trippy picture with a bunch of colourful lines. I traced my finger along them which made Nick giggle. I could feel his heart beat on my hand. He pulled me closer to him and I laid my head on his chest, his arm wrapped around me rubbing my back and we stayed like that for the rest of the show.
We all groaned when the show ended and they turned the lights on. All of us at our peak of the trip, we stumbled out of the dome. "I definitely won't be able to drive for a while so let's all go to the park, it's like five minutes away." Kim lead us to the park close by and ran for the swing set, me and nick close behind her. She yelled at Daniel to push her and Nick and I just swung side by side. The clouds looked insane, they seemed to morph into different shapes right in front of my eyes.
Suddenly I swung back and hit something, I turned my head and it was Nick again. He grabbed the chains of my swing and pushed me back and forth a few times until I stopped the swing with my feet. I got off and stood on the seat of the swing facing him. I was only a few inches taller than him now. We just looked at each other and smiled and without a moments notice he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I laughed and screamed as he spun around making me dizzy. When he finally put me down I stumbled into him. The four of us goofed around at the park for hours, scaring off children and parents until we felt sober enough to make it home safe.
It was dark by the time we pulled up to my house and Nick walked me up to the front door. "Thanks for taking me out tonight, I had a lot of fun."
"Well thanks for coming out with me. I wanna do it again soon." He hugged me and began walking away. When he got to the bottom of the porch steps he stopped and turned to me again. "I just realized I don't have your number." I told him to wait there and ran inside. I came back out with a marker, rolled up his sleeve, and wrote it down on his forearm.
We shared one last hug and he walked back to the car and once I saw him get in, I walked into the house, locking the door behind me. I walked in the kitchen to see my mom looking out the window. "Mom, were you watching me?" I laughed and startled her.
"Oh, (Y/N)! Sorry, I was just making sure everything went well. Did it?" She questioned me.
I sunk into the kitchen chair and sighed. "It went great!" I was absolutely smitten. My mom begged me for every detail, so we stayed up in the kitchen for a few hours just talking about what happened, I left out the shrooms part ofcourse.