𝐗𝐕. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐁𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐬?

Chapter Fifteen
WHAT MAKES YOU BADASS?

     After the tournament, the group had decided to go to a nearby restaurant to celebrate

     After the tournament, the group had decided to go to a nearby restaurant to celebrate. Mara was sitting at a high table with her brother and Miguel. Ryan had his arm slung over his new boyfriend's shoulder as he watched the boy scroll through Instagram.

Mara was on her phone as well watching the videos people had taken of the tournament. The video of her knocking out that blond guy with a kick to the neck had gone viral and Mara couldn't help but feel proud. She popped one of her fries in her mouth and continued scrolling.

"Dude, stop searching up your exes profile while you're next to your boyfriend!" Miguel looked up at Mara and shook his head before typing in Sam's name again. "Are you just gonna let him do that right in front of you, Ryan?"

"It's fine, Mars. She's still Miguel's friend whether I like it or not and she's also our friend. He just wants to apologize for being rude to her at the tournament."

"What did you say to her, Miguel?"

Miguel sighed and placed his phone down. "I got all mad and then told her she was never the one I wanted anyway. And then I proceeded to call her and Robby the enemy. Now she blocked me."

"Damn. No offense, but I would block you too." She dipped another fry into her ketchup. "I can talk to her for you if you want. We were all acting a little crazy at the tournament."

"Thanks Mara but I just want to give her some space right now. I have an amazing boyfriend that I need to spend time with." He placed a quick kiss on Ryan's lips and Mara watched as her brother smiled adoringly at him.

"Ugh, happy couple. I could've used a warning."

Miguel just laughed and started eating his wings that had already started to get cold. "El serpiente, there you are." Ryan and Mara both turned and glared at Hawk.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," Mara announced to the group before slipping away from the table. She wasn't actually going to the bathroom, she just didn't feel in the mood to party anymore. She texted Ryan and told him she was going home. He responded quickly telling her to drive safely and Mara put her phone in her back pocket.

Ryan had taken her to the canyon to pick up her jeep after the tournament so she didn't have to wait for him. When she got home her dad's car was in the driveway. That meant he probably hadn't left the house all day.

     As soon as she opened her front door the smell of alcohol filled her nose. She gagged a little and walked towards the source, which was her dad passed out on the couch. She scoffed and grabbed the bottle of alcohol that was still in his hand. A few others were laying out on the kitchen counter and she closed all of them and put them away.