CHAPTER 8: Green Goblins

They were not human eyes, neither did they seemed to be of any stray dog. Soon the iris of those eyes started reducing in size. Henry felt something at his back, but...but he couldn't move! He felt as if those faceless eyes were freezing him at his place, his hands went numb, he couldn't think. He wanted to scream but voice didn't came out of his mouth. He saw some movement in those eyes but his sight started diminishing. Something moved towards him but before he could take a good look his eyes shut down and he fell on the grass.

Motionless...lying still. No one to help him out of all this that was happening to him. His parents were dead. And those who loved him had no idea where he was, what was happening to him and what all was going to happen. He was all alone...

Few minutes later, Henry could feel, he could smell that same damp smell again, which was more stronger now. He felt a twinge of pain near his collar bone. He tried opening his eyes, his sight was a blur of shadows. As his eyes opened, he heard a shrill voice "He's wokhen up! He's wokhen up Mi Lady!! He's wokhen up!!". Henry quickly got up and found a small figure hopping around him. It had large floppy ears, long crooked nose and the same eyes that he saw behind the bushes. Suddenly a tall woman wearing white gown spat the creature on its head "Shut up floppy! You'll wake the whole town up", she said in a sharp voice. The creature dropped its head dramatically and yelped. The woman had her face and neck covered by a white veil. Henry saw two cuff bracelets in the woman's wrist as she bent down and caressed his jaw line with her dagger - like  nails. "Sweet little fella", she said in a soft hushed voice, tilting her head, "This isn't the right time to play in parks. You've no idea what you've got in you. I've got what I wanted from ya, but if you opened your mouth about this to anyone", she said while grabbing Henry's face hard between her fingers, "I know where you sleep in that house" she said sighing silently as she got up. "Floppy! Come out of your fake bubble of embarrassment".
"Mi Lady, I'm not fakhing anything..".
The woman grabs the creatures ear with her fingers and drags it with her, "How many times have I told you to not shout on our works beyond the mirror, and now you'll be thrown into the muddy sinkhole". "No no Mi Lady, I'm so sorry, I swear I'll never do dat again" and they both disappeared behind the bushes.