Giving no ground as its taken

As I walk home the sun glares in and feet scuff in the early hours of morning as I make my way up the front steps.

My bedroom window seal lifts with a slight crack of the bottom frame shifting along its guides.

Alluring to escape and hide, my feet find it's familiar ground when stepping from the ledge. I lean against the house sliding down to sit.
I never needed this refuge I thought. However the world started to invade, marching to seep in. As the barricades began to fall, and banners rise in opposition. In our attempt of fortifying, putting up thick boards and lining the walls.
So when closing your eyes the wallpaper a comfortable black. A pattern memorized against impending loss. This place untakeable, yelling above all
Giving no ground even as it's taken from you.

Disturbed from my thoughts my door knob turned back an forth locked. Stumbling out of my mind to unlock it.

"Why is your door locked?"

"Why you even worried about it."  I said harshly.

She paused. "I came to ask about your party." The door was half open as my body hanged behind it.
"You don't want anything?" She asked.

"No, just leave me alone." I said.

I had been smoking earlier and things get worse and worse with my mother the more she peers into my life.

"For how you treat me your lucky you even get a birthday after what happened, you ungrateful asshole." Holding the day I went to jail against me. "Do you know how much money that cost me?" I said nothing. What am I supposed to say. I know her not knowing everything but vague answers, lies about what goes on in my life bothers her. But I doubt she wants the truth. I wish she knew how much I never forgot the times I lashed out instead of showing her how I felt. The terrible and worst things I said often to the ones I love most.
I push the thought away.

Seventeen is a weird year, right before your about be an adult and everyone acts like you should be but won't recognize you as one except when it suits them. The real world starts not pulling back it's punches anymore and holding onto your self is rough.

When everyone came up stairs. Cameron and Sana were still on there way over to the house. Furthest from the stairs sat the couch and A pinned up sheet came down over the blinds giving way to people beneath.

Angelo was one side while Carlos and his girlfriend sat together on the other.
Ari lazily sprawled out on the sofa
closer to me and the half wall I rested my arms on from the second to top step of the stairs. Looking down I took a swig of the black Mexican coke resting beside me in its blue green glass.

"What is he doing here?" Ari said.

"Yeah Fuck bro I didn't know he was here? won't come up with the money." Armando said coming up behind me on the stairs a few steps past the top carpet.

"It's not even fuckin like that you gave me it" Ari said.

Armando has been stressed lately.

"You should have told me how much was but you didn't, he just took the twenty and didn't say shit." He turned to me motioning for me to help him out but I didn't.
"How am I supposed to know and how are you going come up saying I owe you way after?" Ari whined.

I turned to Sana and Cameron behind us.
"Here, Sana do you mind if I talk to all of them for a second? I'm sorry... Just go to my room it's down the hall." I said. Treating her almost like I did when we first met.