𝐢. 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞

Chapter One
FREE KARATE

     The sun warmed her skin as she laid in the sand

     The sun warmed her skin as she laid in the sand. They had finally reached their new home and Isabella was happy. She knew she was going to like it here. They found a house close to the beach so Isabella looked forward to waking up and going to sleep with the calming sound of the ocean waves. She would finally have some peace of mind. No more yelling, no more fights, no more blood. Just peace.

     Her book sat beside her in the sand. She had taken a small break from reading, wanting to take the time to enjoy the view.

     "Hey, Izzy!" Isabella looked back at her Mom who was yelling from the back door of their beach house. "How about you go for a walk down the beach. Explore a little."

"Why can't I just read?"

"That's all you do! Go for a walk maybe meet some people."

She grumpily nodded and swept the sand off of her clothes. She took her book with her and started to walk down the beach. She passed people laying in the sand or some building sandcastles with their family.

Nothing interesting caught her eye except for the lack of material on some of the bikinis these girls were wearing. How anyone could feel comfortable in a thong, Izzy didn't know.

     She walked on the damp sand by the shoreline and decided she would collect some seashells for an art project later. She might as well get something useful on this walk since she wasn't getting a workout. She hated working out.

     She collected a handful of shells and she even managed to find a sand dollar. She didn't have any pockets so she was forced the carry them in her hands. She continued to walk and was admiring her findings when a volleyball knocked them all out of her hands.

"Sorry!" Izzy looked over to see a tall lanky boy coming towards her. "I'm not very good at volleyball or any sports for that matter. Let me help you." The boy picked up her seashells and handed them all to her. "What are you reading?" He pointed to the book that she was holding under her arm.

"Oh um The Crucible. It's for my summer reading. I'm getting a head start."

"Do you go to West Valley? I don't think I've seen you around before. And I know everyone. I mean they don't know me or care about me but I still know them."

Izzy laughed at him. "I uh just moved here."

"Well, maybe I could be your personal tour guide? Show you around."

"Uh sure. I'm Izzy." She would put her hand out to shake his, but they were currently holding all of her seashells.

"I'm—"

"Demetri!" Izzy looked over to see a boy with a blue mohawk looking at them. "We're leaving! Quit flirting and let's go."

The boy, Demetri, turned back to Izzy and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I'll uh see you around."