Sightless 9

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters and places mentioned. All the places are fictional and any resemblance is a mere coincidence.

Days passed, so does the fear lingering their hearts increased as Daya's condition only worsened. He used to go to the Bureau after convincing Abhijeet saying;

Daya with teary eyes and voice: yaar CID na mera sapna thi, maine apni puri life is sapny ko seenchny mai guzari hai... mai apna sapna jitna ho saky utna jeena chahta hun... please mera sapna na cheeno... (Abhijeet hugged him and he broke down in tears).

Abhijeet had also told everything to the ACP Sir. Sadness enveloped the father's heart. ACP Sir showered his anger upon Abhijeet, his anger showed how much he was affected by the suffering of his son.

ACP Sir: tum mjhe ab bta rhy ho? Tumhara dimagh kharab ho gaya hai kiya? (Abhijeet was standing with down head, ACP Sir looked outside and saw Daya was laughing on something, suddenly both made an eye contact. Daya just smiled assuringly, showing him that he is taking everything strongly) dekho zara kesy dikha raha hai k bht strong hai samajhta hai apny baap ko bewaqoof bna lega lekin mai janta hun kitna bara emotional fool hai... (Abhijeet put his on his shoulder) kitni baar kaha hai isko ky dimagh ka istemaal thora ziyada kiya kary lekin meri sunta kon hai yahan... sb ny pagal samjha hua hai mjhe... koi choti choti baat pe emotional ho jata hai... or koi (eyeing Abhijeet) hai jisy baatain chupany ka shoq utha hai... or tum issy Bureau kyun la rhy ho... dihan rakhna chahiye na... (Abhijeet told him exact words of Daya) dekha sahi kehta hun mai issy... hr waqt emotional atiyachhar krta rehta hai...

Daya was descending down the stairs of Bureau Abhijeet was behind him. They were going to meet their informer for the current case. Daya's head was spinning and paining since morning but he didn't let Abhijeet know. Suddenly everything inside the range of Daya's vision went blank. He lost his balance and fell down from the stairs. His right foot got twisted and forehead got a little cut. But what terrified him was not the minor injuries he got, it was his vision which was not coming back. Earlier whenever this kind of situation occurred it was just for some seconds or minutes but now it was not coming back. Abhijeet hurriedly came to his side and put handkerchief on his head.

Abhijeet: kiya hua Daya haan... tu theek hai haan...

Daya was trying to find Abhijeet's hands: Abhi... Abhi kahan ho tum... yaar mjhe kuch dikh nhi raha...

Abhijeet held his hands: mai yahin hun Daya... relax...

Daya getting hyper: kiya relax... dikh nhi raha mjhe kuch... dikh nhi raha... kesy relax karun main... main andha... andha...

And his voice died with as he got unconscious in Abhijeet's hands.

Abhijeet: hey Daya kiya hua... kiya ho gaya yaar uth na... hey bhagwaan...

Till then whole team had gathered there after listening to their voices.

Freddie: Abhijeet sir kiya hua Daya Sir ko...? Ohh no khoon nikal raha hai... (Freddie looked at Vivek, Vivek nodded and rushed inside the Bureau)

Vivek came back with cotton and dettol. Abhijeet cleaned blood and put cotton on his with surgical tape.

Freddie: Sir esy achanak kiya ho gaya Daya Sir ko?

Abhijeet just glanced at him.

ACP Sir: Abhijeet tum jao issy ly kr Doctor k pass...

Freddie insistingly: lekin hua kiya hai...

ACP Sir angrily: Freddieeee... (Freddie got quiet) Abhijeet go... fast...

They shifted him to car and Abhijeet took him to home as he already called Rahul there.