Sightless 11

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters and places mentioned. All the places are fictional and any resemblance is a mere coincidence.

Whole night Daya wasn't able to sleep. Next day arrived and again they went to the hospital. This time Daya sent Abhijeet to Bureau saying he will be alright on his own. Rahul suggested to drop Daya at home because he will be free in the afternoon.

Rahul: Abhijeet tum chaly jao Bureau araam sy mai Daya ko drop kr dunga ghar pr, mai free hun aaj meri night duty thi iss liye 12 bjy k baad mai free ho jaun ga...

Abhijeet got relax: theek hai, phir mai chalta hun agar koi problem hui to mjhe call kr lena...

Daya: koi problem nhi hogi tum jao...

Abhijeet bid them bye. After the treatment Daya and Rahul went home. Rahul stayed with him in the guest room. In evening when Abhijeet returned he found all the lights off in the house. He got worried about it, various thoughts were clogging his mind. When he had called in afternoon Rahul had said that they were in the way and were going home. He anxiously took out his phone and switched on the torch, he lit the lights and got surprised seeing the scenario. There was a table set with a cake, behind the table was the person he was searching for. Daya was standing with Rahul and CID team. Seeing him everyone started to sing "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Abhijeet/ Abhijeet Sir, Happy Birthday to you"... he was overwhelmed by the scene, he moved forward and took blessings from the oldie Duo. He hugged his brother and took lovely wishes from team and Rahul. After cake cutting ceremony everyone had dinner together. Special dinner was made by the hands of his half soul. Everyone praised Daya which he accepted with a shy smile.

Abhijeet: wese Daya khana tumny acha bnaya hai, agar tum roz issi tarhan sy meri madat karo na ghar k kamon mai to maza a jaye...

Daya proudly: yeh birthday gift hai tumhara, agar roz milny lagy ga to maza nhi aye ga...

Everyone laughed. After dinner and some chit-chat everyone left. Daya made his way to his room saying: Abhi free ho k mery kamry mai a jana...

Abhijeet nodded and went to freshen up. After winding up everything he went to Daya's room with tea as coffee was forbidden to Daya at the moment.

Abhijeet put tray on the table and handed a cup of tea to him. Daya took it smilingly and started to sip it.

Abhijeet: mai bilkul bhul gya tha aj meri birthday hai...

Daya: pr mjjhe yaad tha or yeh bhi maloom tha k tumhy yaad nhi... apny aap kb tumhy yaad rehta hai... iss liye surprise plan kiya tha or tumhy subah Bureau bhej diya tha...

Daya was speaking all this while rubbing his forhead and taking frequent deep breaths. Abhijeet noticed it and asked him: kiya hua hai Daya?

Daya denied: kuch nhi... (suddenly remembering) mai to tumhy gift dena he bhool gaya... (he stood up but staggered a bit, Abhijeet got up to help him but Daya denied his help and opened his cupboard. He took out a rectangular box from it and presented it to Abhijeet) yeh lo tumhara gift... kholo issy...

Abhijeet smiled and opened the box and found a beautiful pen inside it: yeh pen?

Daya: haan pen, tumhy file work karna bht pasand hai na iss liye yeh tumharay liye...

Abhijeet looked at him lovingly: Thank you itny pyary gift k liye...

Daya: haan aik baat yeh koi aam pen nhi hai abhi... (he took pen from him and click the button present on its top, a beautiful voice echoed in the room " Happy Birthday Boss, I love you Abhi") kaisa laga...?

Abhijeet teteary-eyed: bht acha laga, bilkul jesa tu acha lagta hai na wesy he taira gift bhi acha laga... or haan I love you too meri jaan...

Daya just smiled whole heartedly. Abhijeet looked at him and felt like he could just spend his whole life without any worry or regret if he could just see this beautiful smile everyday. Abhijeet insisted Daya to lay down and have some rest but the problem was that side effects of the treatment were8 kicking in and he could not sleep a wink at all also his head felt like it would burst any moment now. But to avoid worrying Abhijeet he didn't let it show to him.

Daya: mai araam kr lun ga tum bhi kr lo tyak gaye ho gy sara din Bureau mai...

Abhijeet: nhi mai nhi thaka hua pehly tum so jao mai phir chala jaun ga...

Daya: yaar Abhi please na (irritatingly) mai koi bacha hun jo tum mjhe sulaye baghair so nhi skty... (took a deep breath) please mai theek hun jao ja kr so jao... mjhe kuch chahiyaye hoga na to mai tumhy jagga dunga...

Abhijeet got that Daya was irritated, if he says anything more he will be more irritated. He just said: theek hai mai apny room mai nhi ja raha mai yahin couch pr so jaun ga or mjhe is bary mai or behas nhi krni...

Daya knew that Abhijeet would not listen to anything else so he just kept quiet.

Sometime later Abhijeet slept due to whole day's exhaustion as he had to work for his brother's Share too. Daya just kept changing sides whole time his head was on the verge of exploding. He was feeling nauseated now. He stood up and unsteadily rushed to washroom. Everything was blurry in front of him. He vomited out everything he had inside his stomach. Listening to the hustle Abhijeet woke up and entered washroom. He rubbed his back and helped him to get through it. Now the vomiting turned in to dry retching. Everything turned black in front of him. Abhijeet escorted him to bed.

Daya taking deep breaths closed his eyes to give them some rest as everything was almost black for him.

Daya: mera sar phat raha hai dard sy... please painkiller dy do...

Abhijeet wiping sweat from his forehead: nhi mai nhi dy skta koi medicine...

Daya pleading: please Bhai...

Abhijeet's heart ached listening to the wet "Bhai" but what else he could do: nhi Daya... I'm sorry...

Daya shouted: to phir chaly jao yaha sy... bulky aik kaam karo mera sar phar do...

Abhijeet: kiya ho gaya hai Daya kyun itna cheekh rhy ho... shant ho jao warna dard barh jaye ga...

Daya getting more hyper: nhi hona mjhe shant kiya faida ho raha hai iss treatment sy... siwaye side effects k mjhe to kuch nhi dikh raha... (sarcastically) haha... sach dikh he to nhi raha... (rashly ripped off the cannula in his left hand, as it was inserted in a major vein blood started oozing out like someone opened the tap) nhi karana mjhe koi treatment... (his whole arm was already swelled because of the side effects)

Abhijeet grabbed his hand to srop the blood: oh no bht khoon nikal raha hai... Daya beth idher...

Daya snatched his hand and shouted with slurred speech as blood loss and headache started to take its toll on his body: beh... jany... dddoo... sssaraaaa kkkhoon... acchhha haai... aaaik... daaafaaa maaai... maaarrr jjjjauuuuunnnnnn.... And a harsh slap welcomed him...

Abhijeet forcefully laid him on bed and put pressure on his vein to stop blood. He took out the medicine box from his side table and put a bandaid on it. He didn't speak a single word to him. He just did everything he could do. Abhijeet started pressing his head. Due to exhaustion and pain he slept off.

Abhijeet rubbing his wet face with soft hands: bht takleef mai hai neri jaan... I'm sorry mai kuch nhi kr skta tere liye...

A/N:

Thank you for your reviews. Hope you liked this chapter too.

See you soon.