4

"So, you're all telling me that I'm some sort of savior of, like, the universe?"

"Yes!"

"Mmm...not buyin' it." I laughed. "What? What do you mean?" Gumball, who had sat next to me, asked. I stared at him in disbelief.

"Oh, sorry, I'm still not used to cartoon characters, who are supposedly fiction and 2-D, being real. But, I don't think someone like me could be a hero."

"What makes you say that?" Connie asked. I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck in discomfort, "Well, reasons..."

"So, yeah. I don't think I can be a hero." I said, giving a nervous smile. "Well, whatever...weird stuff you did when you were a kid doesn't matter right now. We need your help!" Steven told me.

I rolled my eyes, "No, you really don't." Gumball turned to you, sighing. "But, we need your help to save our universes!"

"From who?"

"We...don't know."

"How do you not know what you're trying to save yourselves from?" I chuckled.

"All that we know is we need to collect some artifacts from different universes." Steven answered. I looked up in shock, "Wait, other universes...? You don't know where the artifacts are?"

He shook his head, chuckling nervously. I sighed. For someone who only watched anime and cartoons, I had more knowledge than this kid, who was older than me.

"Well, for one, I know 4 people can't save anyone by ourselves. Especially me, I'm powerless." I laughed at my last words.

"If we need to go through different worlds to get the artifacts, we need to gather help along the way. It's the most cliché thing to do." I explained thoroughly.

"I volunteer!" I was startled by a voice. I looked around and saw Gumball looking frightened, "Was that you, dude?-" I started but yelped as someone landed on the table in front of us.

"Is that?...."

"Rob!? What're you doing here!?" Gumball shouted, trying to be menacing by standing up and puffing his chest out.

"I'm not here for you, Gumball Watterson. I'm here to help her!" Rob pointed at me. I stared at him, an eyebrow raised. "Well, that's one person. Or TV, cyclops thing?" I added.

"I take offense to that. But, anyway, I know you can't do this alone, so I volunteer to venture with you." He spoke in a fancy tone.

I laughed, "Uh, ok? Welp, that's one more person on board!" I cheered.

"Good. Now, I have a list of possible places that the artifacts could be kept in on my phone.

But, one problem." Steven began, making me look at him.

"We don,t know any of these places." He sighed. Connie checked the list and read aloud, "Brooklyn, Week 6, Pop Village...What are these places? Also, what place is named 'Week 6'?" She questioned.

I took the phone and looked for a while, before grinning, "Hey, I know these places!" I said proudly. "You know them?" Rob asked. I smiled at him, "Um, duh! I watch TV 24/7."

"That's great! So, before we start this journey, we need to figure out where to go first." Steven explained.

"Well, she's the hero. She decides." Gumball pointed to me, "Last time, I'm not a hero." I glared.

"But, I need to go back home. I can't go into space and stuff without my essentials." "Fine, home first." Steven grumbled.

"Ok, we're here! My house!" I said. I hurried inside and they all followed. I rushed upstairs and into my room. I grabbed a backpack and stuffed clothes, my toothbrush, and my sketchbook inside.

I collected my headphones and put them around my neck, getting my phone and charger too. "Ready to go." I finished packing and went downstairs, seeing everyone touching everything.

"Woah, what's this?" Gumball asked, rubbing a hand over my flatscreen TV in the living room, "Uh, a TV?"

"It looks so futuristic!" He said in awe. "It's just a normal TV..." I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Shouldn't we be going?" I asked in irritation as they all got handsy with my house.

"O-Oh, right!" Connie stuttered, smiling nervously. "Where to first?" She asked. I thought carefully then asked to see the list. She handed me the Steven's phone and my eyes scanned the screen of the device.

"Wow! All of these places....I've dreamed of being able to go to them. This is so cool!" I said gleefully. I felt like I was gonna cry. But, I calmed down, pointing to one place, "Here! Let's go there first!" I said.

"Uh, well?" Gumball gave me a confused look. I was also confused. "What?" I questioned. "We were told that when we found you, you would demonstrate your powers to open portals and many other things. We could use a portal right about now." He said.

"Powers....what powers?"

"Oh my god-"

"Stop!" A voice yelled. We all looked to see a figure at the top of the stairs.