Chapter 4

Kili's POV:

A few hours later I walked back into the main hall where everyone was eating. My tears were gone but my eyes were still red from crying. Balin stood up and said "Where is the lass?"

"She left." Everyone's smiles dropped and I picked up a plate of food and quickly walked away to my room where I at in silence. A knock on the door cut me out of my trance and a few seconds later Fili was standing in front of me. "You okay?" He asked.

"Not really. I spoke to her before she left. She said that she can't live here while Thorin is under the sickness. But how do we know that he'll ever recover from it." A tear trickled down my cheek.

"We'll make sure he does we'll get her back. I promise."

Your POV:

I walked into the city of Dale examining my surroundings. And found my Ada riding an elf while dozens of elven soldiers walked past. He turned to my and said "(Y/n) what are you doing here."

"I left the mountain. I did not think it wise to stay while Thorin is under the sickness." He nodded. The rest of the day I spent helping the injured heal from their wounds and handing blankets to anyone that was in need.

Later I went into ada's tent to reason with him and Bard to stop them from going to war. "You can't go to war Ada. There are orcs coming why waste our soldiers on a pointless war only to be wiped out by orcs to come." Ada gave me a harsh glare and I huffed in annoyance before walking out of the tent.

"Let me through." Came a shout from a voice I recognised instantly. Gandalf came riding on a horse looking around the streets. he looked at me and said "Come we must stop this silly war."

"You can give it a go, I've tried he won't listen."

Back in the tent Gandalf began talking to my stern faced Ada "You must set aside your petty grievances with dwarves. War is coming the cesspits of Dol guldur have been emptied we are all in mortal danger."

Bard stepped forward "What are you talking about?"

"I can see you know nothing of wizards." Ada said standing from his chair. "there are like winter thunder on a wild wind rolling in from a distance, breaking hard in alarm. But sometimes a storm is just a storm."

"Not this time. Armies of Orcs are on the move. These are fighters. They have been bread for war. Our enemy has summoned his full strength."

"Why show his hand now?" Pressed Ada.

"Because we forced him. We forced him when the company of Thorin Oakensheild set out to reclaim their homeland. The dwarves were never meant to reach Erebor Azog the defiler was meant to kill them. His master seeks control of the mountain. Not just for the treasure within but for where it lies, its strategic position. This is the gateway to reclaiming the lands of Angmar in the North." We stood watching over the mountain from high up above Dale. If that fell kingdom should rise again Rivendell, Lorien, the Shire even Gondor itself will fall."

"These Orc armies you speak of, Mithrandir, where are they?"

Sorry I know this isn't a very interesting chapter because at the moment it's just talking but it well get better soon.