4. Rated G || The time it was February 8 (Giyuu's birthday special!) +

P.o.v: It was February eighth, Giyuu's birthday!

This one is requested by Y/n I guess, LOL!

~ oOo ~

"GIYUU SWEETIE!" You woke Giyuu up. "GUESS WHAT?"

He only blinked at you a few times.

"It's your birthday!" You beamed.

"Cool." He turned away and yawned.

"Aren't you happy?" You lowered your eyebrows.

"Legends have depression Y/n, legends have depression." He said.

"Well there's no time for being sad today! This is the only day of the year that I get to celebrate you!" You crossed your arms. "So you're going to have a good time!"

Giyuu only sighed.

You pulled him up by his arms from his futon.

"Get dressed!" You were about leave the room but turned around, "by the way, happy birthday!"

Five minutes later...

Giyuu walked to the living room where you were smiling at him with a mini cake in your hands.

"Surprise!" You said.

"Not a surprise, I was expecting this." He replied with a blank face.

"Oh..." You looked down.

"Thanks for the thought though, Y/n." He rubbed your head before he walked outside.

"Hm..." You mumbled to yourself.

You decided to follow Giyuu. However, he only went into the woods and stopped in front of a stream. He sat down, criss cross apple sauce style, and shut his eyes.

"I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU'RE RELAXING!" You got excited to see Giyuu taking it easy for once, which made you talk louder than you wanted to on accident.

He flinched, not because he didn't know you were there, but he was surprised that you talked so loud. "I was..."

"Oh no, were you meditating? I'm so sorry!" You covered your face from embarrassment.

"It's fine, I'll just go somewhere else." He got up and walked away.

You waited for him to be a little far away before following him again. This time he went to a shrine. You were smart enough to use an indoor voice this time, but you noticed that Giyuu still seemed uncomfortable.

"Giyuu, is something wrong?" You asked.

That made him sigh. "I'm leaving here now. You can stay if you want to."

He left and of course you followed. "Is he avoiding me?" You wondered.

This time he went to a tiny little shack in the middle of nowhere. It was a small wooden room with a crescent moon carved on the door. When he walked in, he shut the door on you right away. You decided to wait for him to get out.

After about only a minute he came back outside. "Sorry, I needed a bathroom break."

"That's fine! It's your special day so you can do whatever you want!" You smiled.

"Get off me swamp!"

"Hey Giyuu, did you hear something?" You turned around but nothing was there.

"No. Let's go." He said and you two left.

Where Giyuu lead you this time was very familiar, because it was just back home. "Y/n."

"Yeah?" You tilted your head.

"I'm sorry for acting so distant today. Days like these remind me of Tsutako, Sabito, and old Urokodaki." Giyuu said more quietly than usual.

You didn't want him to apologize just for having feelings, "Giyuu-"

"Surprise surprise!" Tengen walked into your house.

"Ara ara~" Shinobu followed shortly. Literally.

"Hello!" Tanjiro waved.

"It's time to party!" Kyojuro walked in as well.

"I hope I made it in time." Gyomei came. "Namu amida butsu."

"Hey." Little Muichiro arrived.

"Tch, yah yah, I came too." Sanemi grunted.

"I'm here and I brought lots of your favorite salmon daikon!" Mitsuri showed up with lots of bowls of food in her hands.

Obanai's hands were also full. "Hpmh. I'm just here because Mitsuri asked me to come, don't get the wrong idea Tomioka."

"Welcome!" You smiled and everyone walked into the house.

Shinobu approached Giyuu. "Oh, so you have friends after all? I mean..." she paused and smiled at him for once, "happy birthday, Tomioka-San."

Giyuu didn't even know what to say. Luckily Urokodaki came just in time to save him. "Happy birthday, former student!"

"Thank you." Giyuu's expression softened.

"I didn't spend all of last night cooking for no reason! Let's eat!" Mitsuri said and everyone gathered around to enjoy the good food she made.

After the party...

"I know you probably didn't want a birthday party. But still, I feel like you deserve one." You told Giyuu.

Giyuu just stared at you.

"If you want to, you can just spend the rest of your night alone. I'll leave now-"

Giyuu grabbed you and pulled you into a giant hug. "Thank you so much, Y/n. I had my suspicions of you planning a surprise party, but I let those go and assumed that little cake you got me earlier was the surprise. Anyway, it was a great birthday. Probably my best one yet. I was actually surprised you invited Urokodaki."

"Of course I'd invite him! I'm glad you liked your party, it was my pleasure to plan it!" You said.

"I had a lot of fun." Giyuu smiled. Not just any smile. A full, bright, happy one. You could've sworn he was glowing.

Your heart pounded and you felt butterflies in your stomach. "Me too. I'll make sure that the rest of your birthdays are happy like this one was."

~ oOo ~

(A/N: Hello there! This is short and sweet I guess? It doesn't matter, I still hate it!)

Anyways, until next time! And happy birthday Giyuu! :D

2/08/21