Chapter Nineteen - Haven's Fate

As the smoke cleared, Katooni remained standing. Both her arms were heavily burned as a result of absorbing the Force Lightning from Darth Jadus. Despite the immense pain she was in, Katooni was still standing. To her shock and horror, Darth Jadus was also still standing. 

Darth Jadus: Perhaps I misjudged you, Katooni. The Force is strong within you. I can see that you are far more powerful than I thought. 

Katooni was frozen in fear as Darth Jadus slowly approached her. It seemed as if she would die by Darth Jadus's hand. As he got close, Darth Jadus looked upon her with impressed eyes. 

Darth Jadus: I acknowledge my error. Perhaps killing you will gain me nothing. For now, I will spare your life. The time will come where we will meet again, Katooni. The time will come where I will offer you a place as my apprentice. But if you refuse, know that my wrath shall be inescapable. This is goodbye for now, Katooni. 

With that, Darth Jadus simply walked away. When Katooni turned her head, Darth Jadus was gone. Katooni then falls to her knees as she begins to hyperventilate. As Katooni processes what just happened, everyone begins to gain consciousness. When Petro gets up, he rushes to Katooni's side. 

Petro: Katooni! Are you okay?!

Katooni was silent for a moment. With tears in her eyes, she hugged Petro tightly. Her fight with Darth Jadus deeply traumatized her. 

Petro: It's okay, Katooni. I'm here.....

As everyone got up, they all took a moment to process what had just happened. They were all deeply disturbed by the power displayed by Darth Jadus. 

Weiss: Such power....

Jaune: I can't believe we're all still alive. We had him outnumbered, yet he managed to demolish us. 

As Ruby took a deep breath, she glanced over to Katooni and saw her badly burned arms. Becoming concerned, Ruby rushes to Katooni's side to check on her. 

Ruby: Katooni! Your arms....

Katooni: They'll heal. I...I just used too much power in that fight. 

Ganodi: What exactly happened, Katooni? You were all alone against Jadus! Did you....

Katooni: No. He just....left. It was as if he was testing me. During the fight, he...he tried to turn me over to the Dark Side. 

Huyang: Then you demonstrated a truly powerful will, Katooni. The Dark Side of the Force is a great and terrible power that can tempted even the most wise of Jedi. To resist such....temptations requires the strongest of wills. 

Katooni looked upon her burned arms. The power she put behind that final attack took it's toll on her. It wasn't long before the rest of Ruby's group regrouped. 

Ren: The power Jadus wielded was unlike anything I've ever seen before. 

Blake: How could one person wield so much power?

Huyang: The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. Surviving a Sith Lord is no easy task. A Sith Lord is not to be trifled with. 

As everyone reels in about what happened, Blake's parents along with Sun and Ilia entered Haven Academy. Blake is relieved to see them all right. 

Kali: The police rounded up the remaining White Fang members. Haven is safe.

Ghira: Unfortunately, it appears that Adam escaped.

Ilia: It's okay. He was the only one to escape tonight. Those in the White Fang that followed him? Won't support a leader that abandons his people. He won't have their help after this. He'll have no one at all. And the White Fang will be left divided.

Ghira: We've been fighting amongst ourselves for too long. Perhaps it's time for a new brotherhood. A new family for Faunus truly working towards a better world.

Kali: And they'll need a new leader.

Despite this battle being a victory, the Kybuck Clan were deeply disturbed by what had happened. They barely survived against Darth Jadus's attack. Qrow looks around and picks up the Relic of Knowledge. 

Qrow: Looks like he didn't get his hands on this. We got lucky

Petro: Something tells me he wasn't here for the Relic. 

Ruby: Then why attack Haven? 

Katooni: I....I don't know. Darth Jadus made it clear to me that he has no loyalty to Salem. He's....he's plotting something. 

Ruby: Then we have to stop him! We have to stop him and Salem!

Katooni: Defeating him won't be easy. This battle showed us that we have much to learn. We need to grow stronger if we're going to fight Darth Jadus and Salem. 

As Katooni said this, both the Kybuck Clan and Ruby's group found their resolve to keep going. Meanwhile, Qrow approaches a panting Oscar who was on his knees. 

Qrow: I don't know how, but we did it, Oz. You okay?

Oscar: I'm alright.

Qrow: Kid?

Oscar: He's resting. Too much energy fighting.

Qrow: Hey, don't strain yourself!

Oscar: No! He had... a message. We must... get the lamp to...Atlas.

As Oscar said this, it was clear that the journey had a new destination. They had the Relic of Knowledge in their possession. Haven Academy was saved. Despite the trauma she endured from facing Darth Jadus, Katooni's resolve remained strong. 

Katooni: Our fight has only just begun. We have a long road ahead. But I'm confident we'll see this journey to the end. We'll go down this road together as one. 

In that moment, Katooni and the Kybuck Clan had reunited. Team RWBY had been reunited. As one journey ended, another began. The road ahead would be difficult, but the Kybuck Clan would travel down that road without hesitation.