Kabanata 2

Email

Elise

I spent the whole day inside Arabella's coffee shop. Ang sarap niya kausap. She knows well how to handle her words so that the person talking to her will be comfortable enough to be with her.

"So you were living in the province for half a year? What was it like? I never got a chance to roam around here in Cebu since I often go overseas or somewhere here in our country. I bet it's just like the other province I visited right? I mean, all of them have hills." She enthusiastically said.

"Parang ganun na nga. But anyway po, it's getting dark and I still need to buy a mattress for my bed. I told you already na kaka dating ko lang dito right? Nakalimutan ko kasi bumili kahapon kaya masakit yung katawan ko sa hinigaan ko, hahaha." I awkwardly said.

Shock was shown on her matured yet beautiful face. "Really? You should have said it to me earlier! I want to join you on buying. You know, even though it doesn't suit my age, I still have a heart of a teenager and I love going out. You wouldn't mind me joining you right?" Her cheerful voice pleaded.

"Okay lang naman but do you really trust me that much? Ano kase, bago mo palang ako nakilala then you gave me your full trust easily. Hindi sa may masama akong intensyon pero-" She cut me off.

"No need to worry. I know you wouldn't by the way you talk to me. You know, older woman like me knows it. We've been through a lot also from our childhood and we're mature enough to know our mistakes so no need to worry about me. I don't have doubts about you. I know your a good person." Then she smiled after saying those words to me.

"And I'm also waiting for my younger brother to respond about your resume. Seems like he's still busy. I don't have anything to do than look after my shop."

"Wala po ba kayong anak? Based on your age, some might think na married na po kayo. Not that I'm judging by your age though." Sabi ko whole still feeling the awkward atmosphere.

"Oh! I have a son. He's 7 years old. He's having a father-son date today so I'm left alone. His father doesn't have that much time nowadays since he's helping my brother handle the company." She replied.

"Ah, ganun po ba." Tiningnan ko ang cellphone ko to check kung among oras na. It's already 5:30 so I better get going.

"Seems like you need to go now." She noticed me checking the time. "I'll just go clean myself up before coming with you if it's okay?"

"Sure po! Mag-aantay lang ako dito."

It just took 20 mins for her to get ready and we set off. She insisted me to go to the mall with her car. Nataranta ako sa una due to my motion sickness pero 10 minute drive lang naman din papunta sa mall.

While we are on her car, she kept talking and she really seemed to enjoy talking to me. "I apologize if you're annoyed. I just can't stop myself talking to you. Being young is really nice. You'll never know you grow older from the way it used to be."

"I'm not annoyed po, hala! It's also nice talking to someone a older than you so you can have an idea how things go as they turn old." I smiled at her.

"Are you saying that I'm old?" She overcramatically took the back of her left hand to her forehead showing that she's feeling sick. I just laughed at her reaction and she giggled.

"I like how you laugh. It's too pure and innocent. I do hope it will stay like that after you'll meet more people who would like to terminate it." She said meaningfully.

I got her point and I just stayed silent. That's not something I should be worried though. I didn't care what would happen if something might ruin my emotion. I'm not interested.