2.8

I feel sorry that you're alive
I can't live and you can't die
It's funny watching you try
Water ~ Beach Party
~
'Eamon Vale's blood'
~

I feel sorry that you're aliveI can't live and you can't dieIt's funny watching you tryWater ~ Beach Party~'Eamon Vale's blood'~

"Clementine!"

I blink out of my trance and look up from the wooden table to see every set of eyes sitting at it starring at me.

I clear my throat, slightly embarrassed I zoned out. "Can you repeat that please?"

Roan groans slightly, and Newt gives me a reassuring nod, indicating Ronan's just being dramatic.

"Did. You. Memorize. The. Room?" Roan says sternly.

I nod, sitting up slightly. "Yeah, yeah of course. I drew it up on a piece of paper and have it memorized. I'll be fine."

"Good job Clementine," Newt says smiling. "You're doing great so far." I shoot him an accepting smile across the table and grab the glass in front of me to take a sip of water. Roan nods, looking blankly at a wall, clearly in deep thought.

"Great." Roan says, his gaze flickering from the wall to my eyes. "Because it's happening tomorrow night."

I choke on my water, coughing it back into my glass as I feed Lin put a comforting hand on my back, that in all honesty in the moment I want to snap in half.

Whispers circle the room as I clear my throat, laughing slightly. "I'm sorry, tomorrow night? I have to kill him in a day?"

"Do you not have the room memorized?"

"I do, but..."

"Are you stepping down from your job?"

"What? No! But..."

"Then what is the issue?" Roan asks sternly.

I look up at him, his face rock hard serious. I get the point, not asking any further questions.

I sigh, my narrowed eyes not leaving Roan's. "Nothing. Nothing's the issue."

He nods, "Good. Meeting dismissed, Clementine meet me on the porch."

Everyone stands up hesitantly, shooting glances between Roan and I. I stand up, rolling my eyes.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn around to see Lin smiling down brightly at me. "Everything's going to be fine. You're going to do, uh, great tomorrow." He bends down and gives me a quick kiss before I smile back and turn around to walk to the porch.