2.6

They don't know
About all that shit we do
I won't tell
If you promise you won't too
It's not so hard
After all that we've been through
Crust Bucket ~ The Frights
~
'l'appel du vide'
~

They don't knowAbout all that shit we doI won't tellIf you promise you won't tooIt's not so hardAfter all that we've been throughCrust Bucket ~ The Frights~'l'appel du vide'~

CLEMENTINE BRIM'S POINT OF VIEW

"God, it was hilarious!" I laugh, flipping the seared salmon on the pan in front of me. "Thanks for letting me fill in for you, Autumn!" I yell over the kitchen noise. She replies with a laugh and nod, as I turn back to Clove.

"I'm glad it was funny, but..."

"No, it was more than funny. Ugh, the looks on their faces! Tierra was the face of disgust, I'm telling you. Most were just taking double takes or attempting not to look at me but they just did and then their faces...! Clove, I can't-"

"Clem!" She says sternly, making me stop.

"Whoa, whoa. Sorry, what?" I say, handing the prongs to another worker and leading Clove and myself out of the main kitchen and to the basement stairs.

The main kitchen is extravagant, and only used once a month when the entire Vale family gets together for dinner, holding at least 30 cooks and kitchen workers. Otherwise, there's multiple smaller kitchens for about fiveish cooks for daily cooking, and I decided to take a shift this month.

Clove sighs, shaking her head to herself once we reach the stairs. "Sorry, I just... did you get what you needed?"

I nod, leaning against a nearby wall. "Yep. Tierra and Daisy were talking about it. Tonight at 9."

"Where will you hide when you're done?" She asks, leaning against the same wall in front of me.

"I could just sleep in our kitchen on a counter or something... I don't know. Even if I'm walking around avoiding people all night, I don't care. Just can't get caught, you know?"

Clove nods, taking a deep breath through her nose. "Okay. Okay. So memorize the room. As perfectly as you can, and the halls and the exits. Sage gave you the key?"

"Yep. All set, I promise."

Clove nods, obviously stressed about a plan Roan set up for me to do. Memorize Eamon and Tierra's Head quarters. If I'm getting rid of the guy, I need to know my surroundings. So this is step one, I guess.

We head back into the kitchen and I get back to the pan, noticing the salmon is now burnt.

"Oh god." I groan, throwing the fish in the nearest trash.

"Um, oh god is right..." Clove says, confusion in her tone.

"Brim?"

I look up from the pan I'm scraping into the trash with my eyebrows furrowed, recognizing the voice from the direction of the door.