3. Drinking pals

"Still have horrible taste then after all these years." I say walking down to meet my brothers as I look around the living room.

"Morning sunshine." Damon smiles as he takes another sip of his drink. I look at it and tilt my head. He notices and hands me a glass and pours some of it in.

"Strong." I say sticking my tongue out after sniffing it.

"Good." Damon says as I look over at Stefan.

"So you hate the decor." He says casually leaning against the bookcase.

"Oh brother I'm not talking about the house. I'm talking about the girl." I say and take a sip of the mystery drink. I can't help but wince and shake my head after one sip.

"She's got a point." Damon mumbles taking another sip.

"Ohhhhh so she's your B****." I say looking at Stefan as Damon spits his drink back in the glass from laughing.

"So you've changed from the sweet little girl you used to be." I struggle to hold my smile when Stefan says this and I see the concern in their faces.

"Yeah well, losing both your big brothers to a psycho vampire at the age of 6 will do that to you." I say. I can feel the emotions from that time rushing back and I close my eyes to block them out.

Screams fill my head and I can almost feel the flames burning so close to my skin. I open my eyes and notice my fangs are back and so are the veins under my eyes.

Block it out Astrid! Don't give in. Push it down. Blood won't fix it.

I let out a breath and the veins and fangs disappear. I look at the drink and finish it in one and leave it on a table.

"Astrid?" Stefan says walking over to me and I force a smile.

"I'm fine." I say. "So anything fun to do here?" I say before he has a chance to ask anymore questions.

"Drink." Damon says and I tilt my head at Him again. "Oh don't tell me you don't know what alcohol is." I think about it.

There's so much of my past that I've blocked out I'm not really sure of anything.

"I had a drink called Prosecco, Wasn't very nice, but I had it once to try, and then another time to see if I liked it hungover. Both ended in a big fat no." I shrugged.

"Follow me little sis." Damon smirks walking over to me but Stefan blocks him.

"Damon don't. It's her first day and you want to get her drunk." Stefan says. He's changed a lot.

"Better then feasting on rabbits and squirrels." He says. Now I'm really confused. Is he a fancy chef guy now?!

"Come little one and learn the way of the vampire." Damon says as he walks towards the door. I hesitate and look back at Stefan who sighs.

"I'll be here waiting, not too late though ok?" I smile and pull him into a tight bare hug.

"Thank you Steffy." I whisper and he hugs me back.

I hear Damon honk his car horn, clearly getting impatient and me and Stefan both laugh.

"Have fun, but be safe." He whispers and I nod back.

"Bye Stefan. Im gonna go get drunk with my now non dead big brother!" I yell excitedly as I bounce out the door and run to Damon's car.

"Let's do this." I say as I get in next to him and he smirks.

*******

"The grill? Really?" I say slightly disappointed.

"So you've been here?" He says and I cross my arms and sulk.