Fifth Time Works A Charm

Requests are open!

Requests are open!

Words: 3k

——————————————

He knew from the moment he kissed you goodnight on your second date that you were the one he was gonna marry one day. He loved the way you always complained about back pain, yet you never sat normally in any chair and the way you still paid attention to him when he talked about a topic you had no clue on. The spark in your eyes and the curve of your lips when you laughed at one of his awful jokes. Every morning he woke up next to you was a good one and he loved you more and more every day. He was totally and completely whipped for you that wasn't the hard part, finding the right moment to propose was.

1

The two of you were on vacation in Hawaii at the same resort the two of you accidentally met a couple of years ago and learned that you actually only lived 30 minutes away from each other. You were laying on the beach, the soft towel brushing your skin slightly, a big sun hat shielding your eyes and face from the hot sun.

Cold drops of water hit your exposed stomach "Baby look, the water is so nice!" more water hit your warm skin. Screeching you sat up and saw your boyfriend standing over you, with a big smile while he wrenched out his hair, letting all the cold water hit you.

"It's cold." you giggled. "And you're warm!" He dropped on top of you, instantly cooling you down with his cold skin. You tried to protest but he was faster and stronger than you are. Putting his elbows around your face, he lifted some weight off of your chest then he stared at you.

"Hmm? What are you staring at me for?" you asked, amusement evident in your voice. "You just look very beautiful right now. You look relaxed."

Blushing, you cupped one of his cheeks and responded "Thank you handsome. I am relaxed, really needed this getaway." He smiled and leaned down a bit to kiss your forehead, your nose and then your lips. You savoured the saltines that lingered on your lips for a second longer before he pulled away. He got off of you and rested on his own towel.

Sitting up a bit more, you pulled out your book and read for a bit, when suddenly something made your toe wiggle. Looking over the border of the book, you noticed that Charlie wanted your attention. You looked at him for a moment, taking in his small smile.

"I have something planned for tonight." He said and buried your foot in the sand. "Yeah? Care to tell me what it is?"

"Nope, that's gonna be a surprise! Let's get back to the room and get ready."

He told you to get dressed casually yet fancy so you wore your hair up in a bun, light makeup with a bold red lip and a flowy maxi dress. You were sitting on the hotel bed when you heard someone vomiting.

"Babe? You okay?" you questioned and walked to the bathroom door. "Did you eat something weird?" the door opened and you were faced with a pale Charlie. "Oh baby." a small frown sat on your face when you saw him. "Let's stay in. We can do your surprise tomorrow when you feel better, okay?" Pouting, he shook his head "No. I feel fine, let's go." he went to grab your hand but you took a small step back.