I Do

You barely slept during the night. You kept waking up what felt like every hour to check if it was time to get up. The bed felt awfully empty and you would give everything right now to be in his arms. Then finally, the clock strikes 9 am and you are up on your feet, the nerves getting the better of you. The hotel room was nice and clean, you didn't like it, it felt too white and too lifeless to you right now.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, glowing but tired eyes staring right back at you. Taking a deep breath you tried to shake the nerves with a silly little body shake, then you smiled at yourself before heading into the bathroom to wash your face.

A knock on the door interrupted you mid-splash and you went to the door with a dripping face. "We've arrived!" your best friend Elouise or Eli for short exclaimed and hieved her whole baggage onto your bed. "What do you mean we?" you leaned your head out of the room and into the empty hallway. Just as you were about to close the door, feet pounded on the carpeted floor. "Sorry, sorry! Had to finish the call with hair and makeup." Tris, your other best friend screamed through the halls, as she frantically came running towards you, phone clutched in one hand while the other held two dresses that flattered behind her.

You looked at her in amusement "Need a glass of water?" You chuckled at her heavy breathing and closed the door behind you.

"Oh yes please"

"Y/N you're so not ready...well lucky for you we are here. So hop hop go shower ma lady." Eli shushed you into the bathroom "and scrub every inch! I'll check if I have to!" You still heard their laughter as you get rid of your clothes and step into the shower. The warm water relaxed your muscles and your nerves immediately.

Several minutes later, now smelling like a goddess and wrapped into a soft white towel, you sat on the bed in your now crowded hotel room. While you were showering your nerves away, your dress, the hairdresser and makeup artist arrived.

"There she is!" greeted the makeup artist "Come sit down, we've got everything out and you and I already discussed your look. Are we still okay with it?"

"Yes, Carlos. But make everything as cry proof as possible okay?" you said laughing slightly.

"I also brought you a coffee and a croissant. I know you don't usually eat something in the mornings but we don't want you to faint now do we?" Tris held a tablet in front of her with several cups of coffees and something to eat. You took a cup gratefully, shooting her a quick thanks, holding the cup as Carlos started on your face and Melissa, the hairdresser started drying and styling your hair.

"Can I have my phone back?" You said to no one in particular.

"Nope, sorry."

"Emi! What--It's my phone!"

"I do know that. And you should know that Tris and I know you very well and you would've called or more likely face timed him by now and put a bad omen over the whole day."