Chapter 4: Friends

Luz's Perspective

Lilith and Skara started sorting through Eda's human collectibles for any supplies possible. Something, in particular, caught my eye, though. It was a red baseball bat!

Oh, hell yeah! I could totally slap some glyphs on this bad boy!

I quickly drew some glyphs and stuck them onto the bat.

Willow gave everyone their tasks for the day, and Eda told her she'd take the night shift. Unfortunately, that left me with the minty bitch.

We started our way to Bonesborough in silence. So far, there were no zombies in sight.

Y'know, I've never understood why Amity didn't like me. I didn't comprehend why she was okay with being a total jerk to me, but couldn't stand if someone else did. In fact, I really didn't know much at all about the girl. 

Maybe I should try talking to her while we're out here.

"So... what do you like to do for fun?" I said trying to break the silence.

"None of your business, Noceda," she said coldly.

"Look, if we're gonna work together, you're going to have to trust me. That means we need to open up to each other," I explained.

"Well, it sounds to me like you're just trying to pry into my life! Did you ever thin--" I put my hand on her mouth and pushed her against a wall that wasn't completely in ruin. Suddenly, I felt the witch's face get hot. Realizing our current situation, I flushed and quickly removed my hand.

"I think I heard something," I whispered while grabbing my bat.

As we walked around a bit more, while staying close to each other, I looked at her like really looked at her.

She is so gorgeous-- Wait, what the hell, Luz!! She hates your guts! Besides, we're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, there are more important things to focus on.

I felt my face practically boil as my thoughts scrambled. Speaking of which, I snapped myself out of my trance when one of those freaks were right behind Amity.

I swung the bat, and knocked it to the ground, bashing its head in. Two... Three... Four times! By the time I was finished, I was covered in blood and the zombie was covered in flowers.

Mierda, I ruined my favorite hoodie! I need to find new clothes soon.

"Thanks, Noceda. You just saved my life," Amity said trying to catch her breath because of what just happened.

I smiled. "That's what friends do."

And for once in my life, I saw Amity Blight smile.

"Yeah, friends. Now how about we do something about that outfit?" she chuckled.

"Please," I said with an eager laugh.