||Graduation Day||

The magnets pulling us together suddenly flipped around as we broke apart. I scrambled up to my feet and turned to the doorway to see the person standing right outside with a gun in his hand. He stared up at me with wide eyes as they alternated between me and George.

"Fundy!" I replied, my voice infinitely more uplifted than the air that took over the room.

"What's going on?" He asked, taking a step forward. I took a step back, and George copied after me.

"Nothing." What a blatant lie. That was only a viable excuse when they didn't catch you red handed. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Fundy said slowly, giving us both sideways glares as he tightened his grip around his gun.

I glanced over at George, and he was already looking back. Fundy sighed and turned to leave.

"Fundy, wait," I said, uprooting my feet from the roots that kept me planted to the ground as I ran after him. I caught him by the crook of his arm and brought him to the side of the house. Looking around, there wasn't a single common in sight. "Okay, look—"

"He's the guy, isn't he?" Fundy interrupted, pulling his arm from my grasp. "The one who stole those papers from Techno and Wilbur?"

I hesitated. Why did I have to hesitate? "No, he's not."

Fundy shook his head and took a deep breath. "How could I even trust you anymore? What were you doing with him? Were you about to kiss him?"

"He's not the one with the papers."

"I don't believe you." His voice trembled, and he refused to look me in the eye.

"How could you not trust me? When have I ever given you a reason not to?"

"Right now! You've been blatantly lying to me this past month!" He shouted.

"What are you talking about?"

"He is the guy with the files, isn't he? Don't you fucking lie to me, Dream. You always told me you'd never lie to me."

"Calm down, man—"

"Did you just—" He cut himself off as he covered his face in his hands. "I can't calm down. Not when I've been there for you for five years just for you to turn around and leave me for some guy you met like, what, a few weeks ago?"

I scowled, but quickly shook it off and sighed, "What? I didn't leave you for him. I can't leave you for him. You don't own me. But if you want, I'll be honest, but you can't tell anybody. Not Karl, not Niki, and especially not Techno and Wilbur."

"Fine." He said with a single shoulder shrug. He always had the iciest stare.

I took a deep breath. "He is the one with the file. I was going to kill him, but I decided against it to see if I could get anything else out of him. Nothing else." I shifted my weight between both my feet, and I could tell by his unsatisfied stare that he didn't believe me.

He took a glance at the door, and he mumbled, "Do you love him?"

My heart swelled. I had to be honest. But honesty was too hard to say. "Why would you ask me that? I already told you everything. I kept him alive to see if I can get information. I was going to kill him the moment he told me what I want. I'm sorry I lied to you, but you know how much trouble I'd be in if Wilbur and Techno found out?"

He leaned against the house, "You thought I was going to rat you out? Dream, if you told me what you told me right now, my lips would be sealed. But you're not telling me the full truth. I saw you almost kiss him!"