||Seek For Change||

TW // death, gunfire (idk if that's triggering but I'll put it just in case lol), aaaaand panic attack (well idk if it is one, but it kinda looks like one???)

Usually after a night shift, you were given the next day off to rest and recover. That, however, only applied to those who weren't named Dream and Sapnap. It turned out being what Sapnap would call "Wilbur's favorites" didn't always mean unfair advantages.

"We're going off of an hour of sleep at most, Wilbur," Sapnap groaned as I opened the file Wilbur had just handed us. A little girl not even three years old yet had been taken from her mother's home. She had been gone for three days now. Blonde hair up in pigtails, crystal blue eyes, and only two front teeth, according to the description.

"Alright, we're on it," I said, shutting the file and glancing up at the older man in front of us. He smiled, although it didn't last long when Sapnap started talking again.

"Why us? Why not literally anybody else? Literally all Fundy and Karl do all day is play Dungeons and Dragons because all you ever give them the boring Day Watch," Sapnap complained.

"Your first priority is finding the boy who stole the file, and maybe finding this little girl will get you guys more motivated to do so," Wilbur explained. "We need that file. You understand?"

"Yessir," I replied. "We will get that file to you as soon as possible."

"Thank you. I gave you a rather short mission. Shortest one I could find. If you can't find the girl, we'll take the case up to the other counties. Good luck, both of you."

He shut the door, and I turned and walked down the path.

"We could have gotten that stupid file last night, but no. You decided to throw all your brain cells out the window," Sapnap nagged on, following close behind me. "Seriously, ask for the file. We didn't even have to kill him."

"Sapnap, you don't have to get involved," I replied, turning around to face him.

"I already am! Wilbur's all up on both our asses, I can't get out of it."

"They think you're involved. I can take it, okay? I'm going to get the file. Just not right now." I turned back around and walked us down the desolate street.

"Why not?"

"Because he doesn't know I know about the file, and if I ask him, he'll know I'm a part of the Specialty."

"So? He doesn't know that already?"

"No. I was undercover when we met. Look, I don't really want him knowing."

"Why not? He's bound to find out eventually."

I was beginning to feel like a broken record going through the same motions every day. I sighed and said, "Sapnap, how many times have Specialties and Commons actually gotten along?"

Sapnap thought for a moment. "Niki and Fundy. Niki's a common."

"They were friends before he became a Specialty member, and don't you remember what it was like when they first got here? They isolated themselves into their room for, like, the first week, and majority of the guys have never had any experience with girls and claimed Niki and Fundy had radiation sickness because of her."

Sapnap laughed. Of course he did. He was the one who started the rumors. "What about me and Karl? He wasn't a member when we met."

"What are you talking about? He hated you! We killed his best friend right in front of him! Let's be honest, Sap, the only reason he agreed to come home with us was because he was all alone. Your little thing you guys have going on didn't happen 'til well after he became an official member," I said, scratching behind my ear, "Look, what I'm trying to say is that George is going to run so fast when he finds out I'm a part of the corporation that wants him dead. He said he'd trust me until I gave him a reason not to, and this is the perfect reason."