Chapter 12

Third Person POV

Arashi, Natsu and Semimaru continued their journey, the sun now up.

"The times may have changed but that doesn't mean we should question why we're still alive," Semimaru said.

"That poison, Ms. Botan must have her own vail of it right?" Natsu asked.

"Yea probably," Semimaru said stopping for a few seconds.

" I wonder if she considered using it," Natsu said.

"Well no... I mean," Arashi started.

"I don't think she's really the type," Semimaru disagreed.

" Yea, you're right, "Natsu said following the two up the path.

They stumbled upon a cliff, water down below.

" Um.... Why is there an ocean here?"Semimaru asked with a hand on his hip.

"This should be right," Arashi said before turning to the two, "Let's get the boat set up. We'll just have to keep going."

They had the raft set, Natsu sitting inside it before Semimaru grabbed their attention, "Hey!"

He was holding rope, "I don't see anywhere to tie the rope off."

"Oh, guess not," Arashi said holding part of a rope as well before looking over the cliff where rocks were visible, "Someone will have to stay behind to hold it."

"Then how does the one who stays get dowb?" Semimaru asked walking up to Arashi, "There's no way I'm jumping into that ocean full of rocks."

"Okay, so you wanna stay here then?" Arashi asked.

"Huh!? Are you tryna leave me behind?!" Semimaru yelled pointing accusingly, "No thanks! If someone has to stay, it's should be you! I'm not going back to that god forsaken village."

Arashi and Natsu only looked up at him before looking behind him. It was Izoyoi who started approaching them.

"I can help lower you down if you want," He suggested.

"Mr. Izoyoi," Natsu said standing up.

"You followed us here?" Semimaru said before turning to face him fully, "Well there's no way we can possibly trust you! You'd just let the rope go!"

"I want you to go east and see for yourself," Izoyoi said.

"Huh?"

"If you find anything, something that might raise their spirits, please come back and tell team autumn," Izoyoi said before bowing, "Please, I beg of you."

"Heh, are you bipolar?" Semimaru asked with his usual smirk.

"Mr. Izoyoi, I need you to do something," Arashi said, "Would you take off your glasses for us?"

"Huh?"

"It's just, I find it difficult to trust someone who hides their eyes," Arashi said.

"Oh, yes of course," Izoyoi said before taking off his glasses, "I can understand that."

Natsu let out a small gasp.

"I probably should've done this from the beginning," Izoyoi said, the outline of glasses on his face.

"Hey there handsome, those weren't doing any favours," Semimaru said sarcastically.

Arashi had a ghost of a smile.

'I used to make my living as a firefighter, I've always wanted to help people. I thought I was ready for all this but somewhere in my heart, I guess I never truly believed that we would end up here.'