Ch. 2 A Whole Dangerous World

Random POV

I was running through the forest away from a swarm of beetles. Big ones.

"Come one legs, you can't give up," I said to myself.

A couple started jumping at me but I hit them away and kept running.

"Arashi, save me Arashi," I shouted. I then stopped running when I came up to a pond.

"That's it," I said as I sighed in relief.

I turned around to see if they were still after me.

"I think I lost them"

I walked into the pond and placed my bag down and took out a bottle to fill with water. That is until I heard something and stopped what I was doing.

I looked back slowly to see a huge, white praying mantis holding a beetle. I started walking back slowly.

"that thing, it's huge."

It swiped at me but I dodged and landed in the pond on all fours. It went to attack me again but was stopped when an arrow hit it square in the head causing it to let a growl and panic. Then it fell dead.

"Hana, are you ok?"

I looked over at him and reached for my boomerang. "LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU"

There was another Mantis. I threw my boomerang and took off the head of one of them while the other was shot my an arrow.

"Thanks for the save Hana," Tsunomata said as I ran towards him, "same, thanks alot."

I stopped, "Mr. Yanagi what are you doing with that?"

"I'm gonna burn what's left of these beast, it's an efficient method," Mr. Yanagi said.

"We can't do that," I said, "what we need is food to eat and water to drink, that's it."

He just stood there holding the torch in his hand.

"There's no reason to wipe out everything that lives here," I said and it seemed to have caught his attention.

"Well now, and environmentalist are we?" Mr. Yanagi said sarcastically, "listen girly, we're not in any position to take unnecessary chances." he then bent down to burn the Mantis but I yelled. "DON'T!!"

He stopped and looked over his shoulder, "do you wanna die out here? Is that it?"

"If you ask me," Tsunomata said.

"Yea?" Mr. Yanagi asked.

"I'm with Hana on this, I can't condone needless killing," Tsunomata said, " and if the fire starts to spread , we'll have an even bigger problem."

"Pfft, I expected more of you Tsunomata," Mr. Yanagi said in a bit of disappointment.

"Let's get out of here," I suggested.

"I don't take orders from you!" Mr. Yanagi yelled but was then penetrated in the back by a stinger from the 'dead' praying mantis.

"Oh my god!"

"Shit, god damn bugs," Mr. Yanagi said as he fell on the ground butt first. I ran over to him.

"Mr. Yanagi, you ok?" I asked.

"God damn it, this is all your fault," he said as he looked at me.

We then made our way back to the raft. I climbed up the ladder...

"Welcome back Hana," Haru said.

"Thanks for going out there," Fujiko said.

I placed the bag down and took out the water bottles, "Haru, Fujiko, and for you Momotaro"