f(x)ngirling - Part I of II

Soundtrack recommendation: Airplane by f(x)

The rising feelings can't be hidden
Can't be stopped
Where will it lead to?
Everything I know is being with you

The sweet melody of her idol's voice filled her ears through her Beats headphones. The lyrics were melancholic and reminded her of her first love. Byul was lying on her stomach in bed and had propped herself up on her elbows with her phone in hand. She finally had time to unwind after a full day of rehearsals and did so by enjoying some older songs from the Pink Tape album. Immersing herself in the synth-pop-cum-electronic dance music, Byul closed her eyes and unconsciously bobbed her head to the music. When the music built up to climax right before the chorus, she rolled herself over and onto her back and spread out her arms to mimic the wings of an airplane and swayed to the lyrics:

This plane that flies in the sky, that twirls the wind
That walks in the clouds, has taken off but
I believe in you, the one miracle
The only person whose hand I hold

Her favourite song ended in 3 minutes and 34 seconds. She opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling wondering, "If only I could see her perform in person at their first solo concert. But I probably can't take time off work..." With a defeated sigh, she removed the headphones and stashed her phone away by the bedside table as her energy levels began to hit a trough.

-----

Byul met up with Yongsun at the latter's apartment the next day before going into the studio. As soon as Byul came through the door, Yongsun shrieked excitedly while approaching the younger girl, "Byul-ah, close your eyes!". Yongsun had her left arm behind her back and her right arm extended to keep Byul at a safe distance from her, well, at least until she revealed the surprise.

Byul was confused but quickly removed her shoes and obediently shut her eyes. She naturally extended her arms in front of her to feel her way forward–whilst taking cautious little steps–and found Yongsun's extended arm. A smile was slowly forming on her weary face as she chuckled at the older girl's excitement. "What is it? What are you hiding?" Byul questioned as she advanced towards a backtracking Yongsun, all while keeping her eyes shut.

"TADAH!!!" Yongsun's squeal signaled Byul to open her eyes. When she did, Yongsun broke out into a little shoulder dance and flashed a toothy grin with crinkled eyes, holding up two f(x) concert tickets so that they were at Byul's eye level.

"WAIT, wha- how, when did you get these!?" Byul's eyes and mouth widened in a moment of surprise. She still had a firm grip on Yongsun's arm but stood rooted to the ground as if waiting to see if she would awaken from this dream within the next few moments. When she finally realised that this was reality, she cautiously reached for the tickets to inspect them at closer range to make sure her eyes or ears weren't playing tricks on her. "These are real! These are REAL! Krystal-sunbaenim's first solo concert! But... What about having to practice on that day? Will the company allow us to take the evening off?" Her elation was short-lived as she began questioning. Work was creeping back into her mind and Yongsun was having none of it.

"Don't worry about work that day, Moon Byul-yi. I have my ways!" Yongsun smugly and instantly retorted to stop Byul's mind from going into overdrive again. She was aware of how hard the girls had been working to prepare for their comeback. In particular, Byul was constantly at war with herself; stressing over her vocals, fretting over writing rap lyrics, and slumping into periods of low confidence.

Yongsun's reassurance to Byul that they were going to make it to the concert was sufficient to keep Byul's worries at bay. "Thanks, Yeba! I love you forever!" Byul declared with her arms wide open and lunged at Yongsun for a sloppy hug. The girl was so over the moon that she began planting kisses all over Yongsun's hair and face. "All the kisses in the world for my amazing Yong-ddunnie!" she exclaimed before planting a deep final kiss on Yongsun's forehead to mark the dwindling of her momentary adrenaline rush. Ironically as Byul seemed to be calming down, Yongsun's heart was thumping harder against her chest. She was used to Byul's constant touches by now, but there was something intimate about seeing the person she loves happy and knowing she was the cause of her happiness. Yongsun's cheeks and ears were now uncomfortably warm. She swore that Byul's lips must have been imprinted on her forehead, and permeated her brain and heart via some kind of witched osmosis. She blinked and trashed the mental monologue. She was just thankful for bringing a smile to Byul's face, even if it was for a brief moment. Now, the 1.5 months countdown starts until they are able to see Byul's idol perform in person.

------

MoonSun and f(x); my two favourites! I hope you enjoyed this story. Stay tuned for part II! :)