f(x)ngirling - Part II of II

Soundtrack recommendation: The Stage by Shura

"Unnie, hurry up! We're gonna be late!" an impatient Byul nagged at Yongsun for the nth time that evening to quickly decide on her outfit. The MAMAMOO girls had been given time off that evening and Byul and Yongsun had returned to Yongsun's apartment to freshen up before heading to the concert. Byul was decked out in a brown oversized wool coat and a black LA Dodgers snapback and was impatiently waiting by the door already in her off-white Adidas Yeezy 500. As if sensing that Byul was about to call out to her again, Yongsun scrambled out of her room in a grey coat over a black dress and stockings. The frantic look on a disheveled Yongsun was enough to briefly dispel the buildup of Byul's impatience, as she glanced at Yongsun amorously.

"You look so cute!" Byul let out and pecked the older girl atop her head before letting her know that the taxi that she had booked was arriving. Byul's random praise hit Yongsun's heart like a heatwave and she felt herself blush while slipping into her heels. "She looks so cool in this outfit," Yongsun thought to herself as she admired Byul's back view while they made their way to the elevator. Yongsun's stare could easily burn a hole in Byul's back, and it was at this moment that Byul abruptly pivoted on her right heel to turn around to face Yongsun, who almost walked straight into Byul. "I'M sO exCitEdDDdDd!" Byul squealed and pinched both of Yongsun's cheeks, causing the older girl to be flustered but also tickled at the sudden revelation and attack. She knew how excited Byul was for this day and was willing to give in to Byul's inner fangirl for the rest of the evening.

They arrived at the Olympic Hall after a 20 minutes drive and the venue was already packed with fans. Nobody seemed to recognise them and they uneventfully made their way to their allocated seats. The concert hall was blaring f(x)'s discography and Byul was already singing her heart out to them. "Calm down now! Your heart might explode when they appear on stage!" Yongsun warns her; her clenched right fist pounded her left chest repeatedly as she lightly bobbed her upper body à la Na Young in the web series that Byul acted in.

"This is gonna be the best night of my life!!! I'M SEEING KRYSTAL IN PERSON!!!" Byul tried to speak over the volume of the music. "Yong-ah, am I dreaming? Is this real-life???" Byul questioned with desperation as her hands cupped either side of Yongsun's face.

-----

After much anticipation, the concert hall lights dimmed to a purple hue emitted from the f(x) lightsticks. Jubilant cheers and screams, including those of Byul's and Yongsun's, echoed through the hall as the quartet appeared on stage in dramatic fashion. The screams were even more deafening when the familiar electro-dance-pop tune became audible:

Electric
Electric shock
E-e-e-electric
E-e-e-electric shock

Yongsun and Byul were living in the moment; singing and dancing to all of their songs while waving the purple lightsticks to the rhythm of slower songs. They did not care if people recognised them. Byul tossed her cool girl crush image for a night to fangirl over Krystal Jung. "She's so prreeettyyyy!" Byul could hardly contain her excitement and adoration of Krystal. Hearts were shooting right out of her eyes. "YA, I'll let it slide just for tonight! I'm your yeba at all other times!" Yongsun half-jokingly pouted at Byul with a tinge of jealousy in her voice.

"You'll always be my yeba!" Byul coaxed her date before tickling Yongsun beneath her chin and eliciting a hyperventilating giggle. The older girl turns to look at Byul, who now had her eyes fixated on the stage and was singing along to Beautiful Stranger. Despite all of her jealousy, Yongsun was captivated by the image in front of her. The world had stopped spinning, it seemed. The blaring music and fans' voices had become white noise. Byul's eyes were sparkling with pure joy. Her lips were moving in slow motion. She turned to Yongsun and smiled at and gestured to her midway through the passionate sing-along, as if to hype the older girl up. Yongsun tried to, but it was hard resetting her attention on the stage because of this distraction before her very eyes. And if she was being honest, she would much prefer to capture these intricacies in a mental photograph of this moment in time.

-----

Alas, all good things come to an end and the concert concluded on a high note. Ears still ringing and adrenaline still pumping through her veins, Byul did not want the night to end so soon and requested that they walk home. Yongsun agreed and suggested that they take the scenic route along the Han river. Seoul's night views are spectacular and even better when admiring with someone you love. They hooked arms to keep warm and embarked on their stroll home. There was a comfortable silence between them that was a stark contrast to their excitement just moments ago. Yongsun glanced over at Byul and noticed the girl smiling softly with her eyes fixed on the ground in front of her. "What are you thinking?" Yongsun asked, eager to pry into her thoughts.

Byul took her time to reply as she carefully gathered her words. She did not want to risk saying anything that could ruin this perfect night. When she was ready with an answer, she stopped in her tracks and turned to face Yongsun, who now had curiosity written all over her face. "Yong..." she endearingly muttered. "Thank you for surprising me with tickets to this concert. I know you were worried about me being stressed out about work and wanted to cheer me up. It was a dream come true for me to have been able to catch f(x)'s first solo concert. But more than that, I had an amazing time because I spent it with you. Words cannot describe how blessed I feel but I hope I'm able to show you everyday that you're my special person."

It might have been a freezing winter's night but Byul's words warmed Yongsun's heart and soul in an instant. As if acting upon the spell that Byul had cast on her, Yongsun took a hesitant step towards Byul who did not flinch and whose face was now just inches away from hers. When Byul closed her eyes instinctively, Yongsun knew it was her chance to respond in the best way imaginable. For the nth time that night, time came to a standstill for Yongsun the moment their lips met underneath the moonlight.