Chapter 10

I woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast. I smile and look up. Mycroft was still asleep.  I smile and close my eyes. This was rarity for us. Mycroft was usually up by this time. “Stop thinking.” I hear under me. I look up and see Mycroft looking at me. “You are thinking too much.” He says and plays with my hair. 

“Sorry Croft.” I say and sit up and stretch. I get up and go to the bathroom. I needed to get home soon. John was probably worried. I go to the bathroom and go back out. Mycroft is sitting up and looks at me. “I need to go home after breakfast. John will be worried.” I say. He nods and gets up. “I should feel privileged. I get to see Mycroft Holmes in yesterday’s suit.” I walk over and fix his tie. He smiles down at me. 

“Yes you should.” He says and runs a hand through my hair. “I usually an up and changed by now.” I nod. He leads me to the kitchen. I sit down in my spot and start eating the pancakes in front of me. I look at Mycroft and see that he is eating oatmeal. We finish and I get up and go over to him. I wrap my arms around him. He pats my arm and looks at me. “I will have ‘Anthea’ take you home.” 

I nod. “I will be back soon. I’ll call you.” I ruff up his hair and go to leave. I stop and turn and look at him. “Oh, you will be happy to know that Sherlock is clean and isn’t smoking. He is using nicotine patches.” He nods. I leave and go to the house. I just hope the boys haven’t blown it up. 

I go up the stairs and see Sherlock sitting in his chair, reading a book. I look around. “Good. I was hoping you guys wouldn’t ruin the place.” I say and sit on the couch. 

He looks up. “How do you know my brother?” He asks. 

“He helped me. I helped him.” I say and shrug. 

He frowns. “He helped you?” He asks. I knew he wouldn’t believe me, but I didn’t care. 

“Sure did.” I get up and walk over to him. “You don’t have to believe me, but you will do one thing.” I lean down and get in his face. “You will not make fun of him anymore about his weight. If you do, I know things that will turn your world on its side.” I stand up and walk back to the couch. I sit down and look at him. He was glaring at me. That made me laugh. 

I hear someone coming up the stairs. I turn and see John coming up the stairs with several bags. I rush up and help him. “Let me help.” I say. John nods and gives me a bag. 

“Thanks.” He nods to me. I go to the kitchen and see that Sherlock has moved to the kitchen and is on a computer. John and I put down our bags and John looks at the computer. “Is that my computer?” He asks. 

“Of course.” Sherlock says and he starts typing. 

“What?!” John yells. 

“Mine was in the bedroom.” Sherlock explains. I roll my eyes. 

“What, and you couldn’t be bothered to get up?” John asks. Sherlock doesn’t reply. “It’s password protected!” John yells indignantly. 

“In a manner of speaking. Took me less than a minute to guess yours.” Sherlock says and looks up at John. “Not exactly Fort Knox.” 

“Right, thank you.” John says. I can tell he is annoyed. He walks over and slams the lid down as Sherlock pulls his fingers out of the way. John walks over to his arm chair and puts the computer down on the floor. Sherlock clasps his hands in the prayer position in front of his mouth as he props his elbows on the table and looks thoughtful. I sit down back on the couch. John picks up a small pile of letters from the table and frowns. “Oh.” I look over in worry. “He flocks through the letters and shakes his head. “Need to get a job.”