Chapter 1

So this is my new story. I am in love with BBC's sherlock and have to do something while we wait for the new episodes, So I figured why not write a story :) I hope you all like it.

I don't own anything but Calliah.

"Calliah, your sister is requesting your presents in her room." I hear my sister's maid, Kate, tell me as she comes in my room.

I turn and look at her. "Thank you Kate. I will be there soon." I smile and put my book mark in my book. I hear Kate leave as I get up to turn off my music. I turn my music off and stretch. I had been sitting still for an hour now and was sore. I put on my dressing gown and slippers and walked the long distance to my sister's room. Our house has been in our family for years and ever since our parents passed away ten years ago, Irene and I have been living alone in it. I have a small room in the front of the building and my sister had the rest of the house. I don't need a lot of room and my sister's…. activities requires a lot of room. I finally get to my sister's bed room and knock on the door. "Irene it's me."

"Come in Calliah." I hear. I walk into the room and see my sister at her vanity getting ready for the day. I see her in one of her dominatrix outfits so I know I won't be able to stay in the house for long. "I need you gone in ten minutes."

I sigh. "It is my house too." I tell her even though I know she doesn't care and won't change her plans for me.

"I need you out of the house in ten minutes Calliah. If you don't I won't give you your allowance." She says and looks at me with her mirror.

She was the beauty of our family and everyone knew it. My name might mean beautiful but I did not become beautiful. My sister has the dark, lush brown hair that flows to the middle of her back. She has the deep brown eyes that you can get lost in and the bone structure that will get your way every time. I, unfortunately, got the curly red hair that landed by my bum, the blue eyes that were average, and the pudgy fat. No one ever believed that we were sisters and I understood why they thought that. I got the Irish looks from our mother's side and she got the Greek looks from our father's side. She got the looks, brain, and everything good in the family. I have been told this ever since I remember.

"Fine Irene, I will get out of your way this time. Next time I won't. I have school that I have to do here." I explain.

"I don't know why you even bother Calliah. Everyone knows you won't make it in the medical field and you will never amount to anything." She tells me and smirks.

"Y-Yes I will. I will get my license I will become the best doctor in the city. Just you wait." I say and stand up straight. I always felt unworthy in my sister's presents and never stood straight.

Irene laughs and gets up. She walks to me and towers over me. "Calliah, you are the stupidest, ugliest, and fattest person I have ever seen. There is no way you will get into medical school and no way they will let you be a doctor. You have to be good looking and smart to get a degree. Now get out of my sight and don't come back tonight." She smirks down at me.

I tear up and rush out of her room. I run to my room and grab my overnight bag, my book, and I-pod. I rush out of the house and look around. I have nowhere to go. Irene usually gives me a couple of days warning so I can get a place to stay. I wipe my eyes and start heading to the library. At least I can get some homework done and maybe get some extra homework out of the way. I keep my head down as I walk. No one deserves to look my face as they walk to work, store, school, or wherever they are heading. My father and sister taught me to walk with my head down when I began walking. I never understood till my father's mother explained that I was hideous and no one deserved to see me.

I finally get to the library and go in. I walk to the counter and tell the person at the counter that I would like to barrow a computer and then my name. "Beautiful." He says.

"What?" I look at him weird. Was he saying that I was beautiful?

"Your name means beautiful." He says and looks up. He was handsome. He had curly black hair and steel blue eyes that looked into my soul. "Too bad your looks don't agree." He frowns.

I open my eyes and sit up in my bed. I look around, gasping for air. I see that I am in my flat and sigh. I bring my knees to my chest and try to calm my breathing. That day was the worst day of my life. That was the day I moved out of Irene's house, my first night I slept on the street, and discovered cutting. I never looked back. I finished school, got a degree in registrar, and started working at St. Bart's hospital as a specialist registrar in the morgue. I made a friend there named Molly, got a decent flat in outer London, and got on a diet. I am still fat, but not I try not to think about it. I still cut, but only because it helps take the pain away.

I looked at the time and saw that it was only 5 a.m. I still had an hour till I had to get up. I lay back into bed and close my eyes. I knew that I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep but I didn't feel like getting up. I look around my room and sigh. My flat was falling apart. I knew I would need to move soon. I couldn't stay in one place for too long. I look up at my ceiling and think about my sister. I hadn't seen her since the day I moved out. We never got along but ever since our parents died, she became even crueler and separated herself from me. I felt hurt and ashamed of myself. I felt like I did something wrong and it was all my fault. Maybe if I was prettier or smarter I would be able to get her to like me. Sometimes I thought about going over to her house and make her talk to me, but every time I tried, I would chicken out before I got to her street.

At 6 my phone alarm went off and I groined. I didn't want to get up or go to work, but Molly would be worried if I didn't. I sigh and sit up. I shake my head and try to remove all the thoughts of my sister, that day, and the negative thoughts out of my head. It never worked but I could try. I get up and put on my black pants, a blue blouse, and black flats on. I throw my hair up in a bun and put my glasses on. I go to the kitchen and grab a banana like I do every morning. Of course I never eat it, but I have to at least show up with it or Molly will assume that I didn't eat and take me to the cafeteria. I get my coat, gloves and scarf on and grab my phone and purse. I leave my house and take the tube to St. Barts like I do every day. It is a continuous loop. I get up, go to work, Molly and I go for one drink after work, I go home, I watch tv, then I go to bed. It is the same every day and a boring loop.

I would always wish for something to change in my life, but how wrong I was.

Hope you guys liked it.

Review your thoughts and comments.

I love feedback :)