Chapter 14

Chapter 14- Rain Is The Perfect Thing To Play In

"Why are you exactly here in this bad weather?" Shoji asked you

"Why are you exactly here in this bad weather?" Shoji asked you. The two of you were walking down the street, where people had umbrellas over them, and no kids around in the park as the rain poured down gently.
"I don't think the weather is bad, I like it," You shrugged as a raindrop hits your eyes, making you wince slightly, but smiled at that.

"Why are you here in this bad weather?" You repeated his question with a teasing grin, making Shoji roll his eyes.
"No one to bother me, and no loud noises," He explained, making you nod and continue to walk with him.
"Well then, pay more attention to your surroundings then. You could slip and fall," He told you, behind in front as he walked a little faster than you.

It was silent between you two as you stared at the concrete.

Splash

"What happened?" Shoji asked you turning around, you just stared at him in confusion.
"Nothing happened," You said as he simply shrugged and turned back to walk.

Splash

"What was that noise?" He asked again, seeing you just staring up at him.
"What noise?" You said in a confusing tone. Shoji stared into the distance once again, making sure no one was following you two, and turned back around.

The rain poured against the world around you gently, and Shoji noticed a puddle on the floor as he walked by.
"Careful, there's a puddle right-" He turned his head and then saw you jumping in the small body of water, with a smile on your face.
"What are you doing?" He tilted his head slightly, making you jump and stare at him.

"U-uhhh, s-splashing... in the puddles," You mumbled and your ears drooped.
"Sorry,, I'll pay more attention to my surroundings now," You apologized to him, now feeling bored since you could no longer jump in them.
"No!" You kinda flinched as Shoji's shout, and then quickly cleared his throat.
"I mean- you do have to pay attention, but uh- you just have to... I- well," He then sighed and walked to you.

"Just," He placed a hand on your head, petting is as he gave you a genuine happy glint in his eyes.
"Keep doing what you're doing, you deserve to have this," You looked at him with slightly wide eyes, but then burst into a dopey smile as you ran off to a puddle in front of you, and then splashing in it.

"Yay!" You cheered as you spread your wings out, hearing the drops of water hitting your scales, making you smile with joy. Shoji watched with an amused look on his face, then stared at your hand as you extended it towards him.
"Let's play together," You said to him, as he hesitated, but grabbed your hand and you pulled him to the puddles. He gently stepped on the puddle, making you blow a raspberry.

"Not like that! You have to jump in it like this!" You grinned and jumped with force, making the water splash everywhere. Shoji covered his face and stared at the puddle again. With a huge flash, he jumped in the air and basically slammed into the puddle, making mud and water go everywhere and hit your face.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay?" Shoji asked you with worry as you wiped the mud away. You just laughed and threw the mud at him, catching him off guard for a moment before throwing it back to you. He gave a slight chuckle as you both continued with your mud battle, running around and ducking to prevent from getting it.

Other people stared and some chuckled at your childish antics, others shook their heads with smiles and other look in slight disgust at the mud staining your clothing, but none of you cared, as you were just having fun.

You never seen him this happy, or show any other emotion at all, which made you think for a while that he was a robot. You felt a tightening in your chest when you heard him give out a genuine laugh, and then tackled you into a hug. You yelped, but then laughed with him as you both fell down into the mud, the rain pouring on you a little harder.

"We should get back, not only we need to clean ourselves, one of us is going to catch a cold," Shoji mumbled as he spread his arms out, covering you with his extra limbs. You grinned and spread your wing out too, barely covering his head.
"Tada," You smiled at him, making him sigh and even though you couldn't see it, he smiled under his mask.

"You're right, the rain is beautiful,"
____________________________________
Y'all, it's almost February 14, you know what that means,

(Y/N)'s birthday!!

And since it'll be her birthday AND Valentine's Day, imma do something special for our little alpha dragon!

So stay healthy, and stay tune!