Earth, Fire, Water, Air

I began to cook for the unexpected guests in my living room when I heard a soft knock on the door frame.

"May I come in?" I heard Katara's soft voice ask.

"Of course," I smiled.

Katara sat down at my island and fiddled with her hands for a bit. It seemed like she had something on her mind.

"So, why do you live here by yourself, Kaya?" She asked me as I peeled and cut vegetables.

I smiled sadly. "Well, I used to live here with my great grandmother, but she passed away a while ago."

Katara's face fell. "Oh. I'm so sorry."

I shook my head. "It's alright. I'm okay with it. I've lived most of my life alone. She taught me how to."

"What else did she teach you, if you don't mind me asking?"

I smiled at the fond memories. "I still remember the stories she told me as a child, almost like it was yesterday. She told me the history of each and every nation. She told me about the fire nation first, then she moved onto the water tribes, then the earth kingdoms and last, the air temples. She always told them in that order every day. The stories would always have to do with what we were doing as well, she would always talk to me about the earth kingdoms while we gardened, the water tribes was while she bathed me or while we fished, fire nation was while we cooked, air temples were during our breaks, or while we did laundry. She always had me meditate. That's how I met your furry friends, actually." I laughed at the memory.

"She sounds amazing," Katara smiled.

I smiled sadly at the food I was preparing. "She was. She told me so much. She taught me all kinds of things that I never would of known. She taught me how to make dishes from all around the world, as well as sewing and how to decipher who's from what part of the world. It was amazing."

Katara smiled wide. "Wow, that's a truly eventful life."

I began cooking the meats. "I guess so," I laughed.

As I finished up with the food, I brought the dishes out to the table with the help of Katara. Because of my grandmother, I was able to make dishes from everyone's hometowns.

I had prepared an air nomad dish called tofu and mung bean curry for Aang, a water tribe dish called five-flavor soup for Katara and Sokka, pan fried noodles for Toph, and regular curry for me.

All four of them stared at the food in amazement before greedily digging into their food.

"Wait, how do you know how to make these?" Aang smiled, digging into his tofu and mung bean curry.

I smiled. "My great grandmother used to travel the world. She learned all kinds of recipes. I have recipes for every tribe so that whoever comes and visits me, gets a taste of home."

Aang smiled wide. "It's been forever since I've tasted home, thank you so much for this!"

I let out a small giggle, seeing the small boy with rice all over his face. "You're welcome, Aang. If you want, I can give you some of my recipes."

He jumped up in excitement. "Really? That would be awesome!"

I smiled. "Of course! Just," I stifled a laugh and handed him a cloth, "you may want to wipe your face."

He made an 'oh' face and rubbed his face with the cloth before looking at me with a giant boyish grin.

"Better?"

"Better."

Whaaaattttt???? two chapters in one day?????

yeah I wrote too much and I wanted to make it to two chapters instead of one long 1k chapter so HERE YA GOO