Meeting The Sky Bison

Hey!! This is a Sokka x Reader/OC because I haven't seen a lot of them, so I decided to write one myself!

Here's some info for you to know:

I'm going to be using a name, Kaya, for the main character/oc/reader. You can change the name if you want to, that's completely fine with me!

I already have a skin color, eye color, and hair color for Kaya, but you can always change that to whatever you wish.

Author out!!

The world was calm. Soft, cool wind kissed at my arms as I sat with my back against the nearest rock. My right hand traced my left, grazing each and every crevice and impurity.

I hate these hands.

My great grandmother used to tell me that they held a lot of history, but all they seem to hold for me is pain and sorrow.

My eyes glazed over, sleep overtaking me for a moment.

I was awoken suddenly from my dreamless slumber by a large, slimy tongue licking the side of my face.

A shiver went down my spine as I flipped behind the rock, my eyes now wide, my brain now 100% awake.

. . .

In front of the rock, stood a large air bison, his eyes droopy with exhaustion. A small lemur sat atop his head, his head cocked with curiosity.

I followed suit.

Cautiously moving closer to the large animal, seeing that it wouldn't do me any harm, I slowly laid my hand on his head. The large animal closed his eyes in contempt. I smiled softly at the sight.

"Where on Earth did you two come from?" I whispered softly.

The air bison made a small noise in response.

"You two must be hungry," I smiled, still petting the large bison. "Here, follow me. I know where you can get some great food for all of your stomachs."

The bison licked my face in response. I laughed, wiping away the slime. Walking in the direction I came from, the air bison followed me.

I made it to my house and my garden that I took care of by myself.

"It's just me here, so you won't have to worry about people freaking out about seeing you or trying to hurt you," I said to the large creature. "Go ahead and rest, I'll grab you two some food."

At my words, the sky bison flopped down with a large thud in front of my door. As he laid there with the lemur, I walked over to my garden and grabbed a few baskets, filling them to the brim with fruits and vegetables. I remembered reading about sky bisons and how they had five stomachs, so the three large baskets of food should be enough for him and the lemur.

Walking back to the sky bison, he lifted his head to see who walked over.

"It's just me," I smiled. "I brought three baskets of fruits and vegetables for you. Some of them are wild because I didn't have enough in my garden, but I'm sure you don't mind."

I dumped two and a half of the baskets in front of the bison, and gave the half full basket to the lemur, who gave me a look. "I'm sorry, but it's fair," I laughed. "He does have five stomachs, you know. You only have one. And I did leave you quite a lot of food."

The lemur seemed to pout before he started to eat, scarfing the food in his mouth. The sky bison was just picking the food up with his tongue and eating it. I watched with amusement, sitting next to them.

When they had finished, I took the baskets and brought them back to the garden, when I started to hear voices in front of my house.

"Appa! Momo! There you are! Don't run off like that!"

I gripped onto the closest thing I could find, which happened to be a rake, and ran to the front, ready to hit someone.

"Don't hurt them!" I shouted, only to stop when I saw the boy who was hugging the air bison.

I dropped my rake to the floor immediately.

"An air bender...?" I whispered to myself.

That's all I said before I was tackled to the ground and knocked out cold.