Chapter 1

1 \\ Job

Reader's PoV

I'm sitting in the backseat, I gazed at the city, it was a wonderful sight, quite different from my hometown. I decided to move out since I need more opportunities and my stupid self can't handle the embarrassment. 

First, my neighbor, Hannah and Franz, I didn't know them exactly but heard that Franz was in a bad car accident and lost his legs in the process, well, one time, I was jogging around the park, I saw Franz on his wheelchair, I jogged towards him, "Are you having a nice walk?" I greeted happily. That's when I knew I fucked up. We stared at each other and tears filled his eyes, "I-I you know uhh-" I was trying to find the right words, I just said sorry and ran away. I was looking like a tomato.  That's when I knew I had to move out.

Another one, after that incident I swear that I won't go outside ever again. Sadly, I need to buy food and just my luck I saw Hannah with Franz. "Y/N, come over here" Hannah called me. I curse under my breath, "Hello t-there" I hesitantly walked towards them, I gulped knowing that Hanz is staring at my soul. "I have some chicken, for sale", I didn't want to travel to the market, I was having a battle in mind, Hanz cleared his throat, "Well?" he asked, I replied without thinking, "Do you have legs?". Fuck this, I wanted to be eaten by the ground. Hannah gasped, "A-Actually, I'm not hungry anymore" I stuttered and ran like there was no tomorrow, which is true cause I'll move out. 

I was thinking about those stupid moments and was interrupted when the driver spoke, "We're here", I gave him the payment and removed my belongings. I sighed, "New start I guess".

I am now standing in front of my door, I'm hella tired but as soon as I entered my eyes lit up, "Woah", I went to the balcony and admired the scenery, birds are chirping, sunlight hitting my skin, it was lovely day. After admiring the beautiful city, I fixed my stuff and blah blah

The Next Day

I've been laying in bed for hours, I'm bored yet I'm lazy to do something. I groaned and bang my head into my pillow, "This is so frustrating!" I shouted. 

After, a few moments of shouting to my pillow, I sat up and thought of an idea. "I should get a job" I smiled, my brain is finally working. 

I got up and reached for my laptop, I was scrolling for some job applicant, I need to get a side job for now and wrote it down on my notepad. I didn't notice the time, it was already late, I yawned plop down to my bed, I immediately drifted into sleep.

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm, I lazily tried to stop it with my eyes closed. I was flapping my hand and moved a bit closer to the sound then a loud thud, I have fallen off my bed. "Damnit" I winced at the pain of my butt, "My juicy ass" I stood up still rubbing my butt. 

I dragged my feet towards the kitchen. I opened my fridge and grabbed my milk, I sat down and put the cereal first before the milk. Who in the world would put milk first and then cereal. 

I stared at my cereal, I sighed, I realized that it was quite lonely, without my friends, oh wait, I don't have one. I ate my cereal quietly, I slapped my face, "Stop moping around, Y/N". 

Today is the day to do something useful. I finished my cereal, took a shower. I looked through my closet, "What should I wear today" I tapped my chin. I took my f/c blouse and black trousers, I put on some light makeup and tied my hair into a ponytail (if your hair is short, just leave it as it is). 

I was about to open the door when I heard a knock, I furrowed my eyebrows confusingly, I peeked on the peephole and saw a girl with glasses, a shoulder-length dark brown hair that is tied up in an unkempt high ponytail with bangs parted down the middle. 

"Hello? neighbor?" the girl asked while knocking. I took up all my courage and opened the door. Her hand is still in the knocking position, I crossed my arms, "Uh, hi?" while leaning on the door frame, she widens her eyes, "Hello, neighbor, I'm Hanji Zoe" the brown-haired girl beamed. "Nice to meet you" I shyly said. She gazed up and down at my body, I felt my cheeks redden, she noticed my reaction and winked, I held a gasp. "And you are?" she smiled. "I'm Y/N L/N" I composed myself, she was about to open her mouth when two boys came running towards her. "Mama" they waved, "Sawney, Bean!" she yelled happily. 

The two boys hugged the brown-haired girl, I smiled at the sight. "Say hi to your future mommy" she smiled. "Future w-what?" I stuttered as my cheeks heated up once again". The blonde-haired boy smiled at me showing his crooked teeth, the tanned boy does the same. "Hi, mommy" they both chirped. "Well, hi?" I glanced at Hanji and saw her smiling at me. 

My phone dinged, as I look, I saw the time, my eyes widen. "Oh shit, I'm late" I murmured. I immediately clasped my mouth, I said the "word", "Nice meeting you guys but I must go" I rambled and swiftly ran past them. Such a sweet family, I can tell by their interactions.

The elevator ding, I saw a tall blonde haired man with a single arm and a dwarf looking guy with black hair and intimidating dull gray eyes. I moved out of the way as they exited the elevator, I glanced back at them, their height difference is so cute.