Chapter 6

6 || You're a dog

3rd PoV

As soon as you left, Pieck limps toward the couch, she sighed and played with the toys you bought when she was a dog.

You can't concentrate on your work because you're overwhelmed by life, bills, work, and Pieck. Your friends began to notice your strange behaviour. They inquired about your well-being, but you simply shrugged it off. You didn't want them to feel obligated to help you with your issues.

You are done with work and wanted to go home but you remembered Pieck, she was limping. You went to the pharmacy first and went home. You stared at your empty wallet, 'Well shit'.

You knocked and was immediately encircled by a pair of arms causing you to stumble. The sudden contact made you all fuzzy and warm, it was a foreign feeling yet it feels like home. You stood there awkwardly for a moment before tentatively tapping her back. Her face was buried in the crook of your neck.

"Pieck?" you whispered.

"I can't talk right now I'm doing hot girl shit" she said, you bit your bottom lips to stop yourself from laughing.

 "Where did you learn that? Not that I'm complaining"  you said as a chuckle escapes your lips. She looked up to me and laughed as well. 

Her dark brown eyes greeted your e/c eyes, brown eyes that reminded you of chocolates and were as sweet as her charm and there is it again, the same warm fuzzy feeling. No one dared to break the gaze, you were too stubborn to back down or you just simply enjoy the feeling of comfort then again you're too stubborn to admit it. You swear that you saw her glance at your lips, it was just probably your imagination, you just shook it off. The sudden clattered broke off the moment, you both jumped away, blushing beet red. 

Ignoring the awkward atmosphere, you helped her walk. Until both of you made it on the couch, helping her sit down, you handed her some medicine, "Here".

"I thought you're broke" she stared at the medicine and took a glance up at you.

 "Yes but.." your voice trailed off, 'Why though?'

"But?"

"Just do your thing" You went to your bedroom and changed your clothes. 

You couldn't help but to study her for education purposes, of course, while doing so you take notice of small details such as how her eyebrows furrowed in concentration or how her dainty fingers wrap around the bandage as she effortlessly wrapped it around her legs, and her thighs- 

'what's that'  you notice a black tail looking like thing on her back, you went and pulled it. "OUCH" she hisses in pain.

 "What the fuck" you stared at her, she had a tail and you notice her ears are now dog ears.

 "See?"

 You're lost for words, is this what you get for offending Hanz? Karma is really a bitch. 

You dashed to the nearest sink and splashed cold water on your face, then stood there for a moment, processing everything that had happened. You hesitantly looked over at her, but instead of seeing her, you saw your dog, Pieck.

"Fucking hell" you stared at Pieck, "You're really a dog".