Chapter 3

3 || Vet

Dog's PoV

The woman ran away, 'No, don't leave me' I wanted to shout for help but I can't I'm still a dog. I felt a water droplet, it was raining. I'm alone now. I shuddered due to the cold, the bruises and cuts are very painful. I closed my eyes, hoping my nightmare would end. I suddenly heard footsteps, I tightly closed my eyes waiting for an impact. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the woman again. I smiled knowing it was her, she was the last person I saw as soon I drifted to the darkness

3rd PoV

You stood in front of the poor dog, not too close. "Yo, doggy", I called her. There was no response, you tried again yet no response, you panicked,  you still couldn't grab the dog, your hands are trembling. You decided to ask for help, you saw a man with blonde hair it was pushed back. The man gladly helped you and gently place the dog in her cage. You thanked the man and now you are left with the dog. You took off your jacket and placed it on top of the cage making it a temporary roof.

Reader's PoV

I rushed her to the vet, I immediately called out for help, the nurse took the dog, I explained what happened. "Please be safe" I croaked, holding back my tears. I waited patiently, the other nurse brought me a towel, I thanked her. 

The nurse explained her situation, her needs, and stuff. I nodded, the nurse was about to go away but I grabbed her wrist, "W-wait, uh, I don't know how to take care of a dog" I scratched my back nape, blushing. "Is that so?" I glanced up and back again. The nurse took a paper and wrote something down, "Here" I took the paper and scan the paper, it is about instructions, do's and don't. I thanked her once again. 

I waited a bit, I tapped my foot anxiously. The door opened, I jumped, I look up and saw the dog,  I didn't notice as the corners of my mouth turned up. The nurse went closer, my smile faded and realized the dog, "Stop" I sternly said, "I d-don't like touching dogs" I swallowed. The nurse nodded and put the dog in the cage, "Take care of her" the nurse said, I nodded.

~~~

I arrived at my apartment, I carefully placed down the cage and placed the bowl. I put some boneless chicken and rice, I made sure that it was doggy friendly. 

"Doggy" you softly said.

The dog carefully exited her cage, sniffing her food and chomped her food fast."Slow down" I giggled. I organized the dog stuff and her medicine. I sighed "I need to find a new owner" I whispered, the dog tilts her head sideways, she heard what you said. I didn't even bother to eat dinner, I'm tired. I lied down and soon enough I drifted off to sleep.