Chapter 2

2 || Dog

3rd PoV

It was a sunny day, you are currently finding a job. You were pretty positive and you had a big smile on your face but as time goes by your smile faded. You've been searching for hours, you always hear "You aren't suitable for the job", "Maybe next time", "Sorry" like ughhh, you wanted to shout all of your frustration. You sigh in defeat, you scan your paper, there is only one place to go, it's "Attack On Meal".

You straightened your back as you entered with confidence, that didn't last long cause as soon as you enter you accidentally tripped,  well, at least you tried. 'Thank God there were only a few customers left' you thought.

Reader's PoV

 A girl with a potato waved at me, I also waved back. "Hello, I'm Sasha Braus", "Hello, uh, I'm here for the job" I stated. 

"You're hired" the baldie grinned.

"W-wait what?!" I accidentally raised my voice

"Maybe she doesn't want the job" the girl with a red scarf said

"N-no, I'm honored" I quickly bowed and accidentally hit my head on the chair. "Shit" I rubbed my hand on my forehead, 'Can this day get any better'. I heard someone laughed and I glared at the freckled girl. 

"I can't- her head went bonk"  the freckled girl laughed, clutching her stomach beside her is a short, princess looking blonde girl with mesmerizing blue eyes. The shorter girl nudges her and gave me a concerned gaze, I just have her a half-smile. 

 "Introduce yourself, pretty girl" a horse looking dude said.

"I'm Y/N L/N" I smiled.

"What a pretty name for a prett-" he couldn't continue his sentence as the blonde guy covered his mouth. "I'm sorry for my friend" he said. "I'm Armin by the way". I nodded.

'This is awkward'  I thought and fiddled with my finger.

"You should fill this up first and I'm Connie" the baldie said breaking the silence.

I nodded, I slowly walked towards Connie, grabbing the paper. I grabbed my pen and I tried to fill-up the form quickly, it was already an embarrassing day. After I finish up filling the form, the horse looking dude called me. I hummed in response, "I think I haven't introduced myself, I'm Jean Kirstein" he winked, I winked back, I saw a pink tint on his face. 

"It's getting late" the princess looking girl said quietly.

I look outside and indeed it was getting darker, "Your shift starts tomorrow" Sasha smiled, it also causes me to smile back. "I should get going now, thank you" I bowed carefully this time. They waved goodbye.

I stride toward the exit, I did a mini happy dance, "Yes, I got a job, I got job" I sang cheerfully. I looked around and gladly no one found me dancing or so you thought. 

As I walked home, I heard a whine, I look around the area and there I saw a group of kids beating someone in the dark alleyway. I gulped, I didn't want to get involved so I just walk past them... 'Fuck' I rush towards the group of boys, "What the hell do you think you're doing" I scowled. I heard a small whine, I glared at them, "Shut up" the boy shouted. I saw a glimpse of a dog, a DOG?!, "Shoo shoo you fuckers" I shouted back, "Scram idiots" I raged, that's when they ran.

I massaged my temples, now what, I observed the dog, it's a black, the fur is quite a mess, it's a girl and it was covered with bruises, I grab a stick and poked her gently, "Doggy?" I shakily breathed. It moved, the dog tried to stand up but failed to do so. The dog let out a painful whine, "Shit" I bit my lips, the dog's eyes pleaded, the dog looked into my eyes. I can feel my hands shaking, "I-I'm sorry" I scurried away.