10pm - 12am

WALK WITH ME - TABA CHAKE

I left the bathroom and walked over to Pearl. She was looking out the window at all the tall buildings and bright lights. I suppose this must be a huge change for her; I wonder if that's a good thing.

¨Alright. Ready to go on an adventure?¨ She twirled around and nodded. We left the shop waving goodbye to the worker.

Chicago is big and has lots of people in every corner. Usually, you see a lot of hot babes walking past you every five minutes, and not going to lie, there definitely was some tonight, but tonight I didn't want any of them.

¨Your name is very interesting, Victor. Do you know what it means?¨ She came up with interesting questions. They were quite different and fun.

¨No I don't. I do wonder though.¨ Even though I've lived in Chicago for so long, I swear I've never gotten tired of the lights. There spectacular; really they are.

¨I'll look it up for you.¨ She took out her phone from her back pocket. I wanted to look at it; Lots of girls put important things on their phones. I never really cared about mine enough to make it special.

Hers was quite simple though. Her lock screen was a group photo; I'm guessing her and her friends. Definitely, her friends from her farm because if I saw correctly, I definitely saw some cows. It was a good photo. Everybody looked bright.

She had an updated phone for it used the face recognition and opened automatically. That was pretty nice; Wish my phone did that. Once she opened it, the main thing that caught my eye was how colorful it was. She was a colorful person... She was herself.

Lots of pictures of her friends. Looks like an old family photo as well. Looks like an old birthday party for you could see the birthday streamers and crown. The girl's face was bright and big and the cake was splashed with princess all around the side. Looks like I need some updating to do. I bet every time she opens up her phone she feels happy. I want to feel that.

¨Lets see here. Wow alright, your name meaning is... drum roll please...¨ She looked up at me waiting for a noise or clap.

¨Dun, dun, dun, dun, duuuuun.¨ I clap my hands together as a big finale. She glances back down and reads out, ¨Victor, conqueror.¨

¨Wow alright. I guess it could have been worse.¨ It makes sense.

¨At least your name actually has some meaning. I mean, mine literally means what a clam makes.¨ she shrugged, disappointment in her voice.

¨At least they make something beautiful.¨ She looked up at me then hit me in the shoulder. We both snickered.

She didn't know where she was going so I was leading the way. The park wasn't far and even though it's around 10 pm it was still busy. We were almost to our destination. We were going to have to walk by the park though. Hopefully, she doesn't see anything; I want her to be surprised.

We talked for a bit about names and how Morgan's are pretty nice even though there are so many. After a long talk, she grabbed onto my arm. Wrapped her hand around and pulled herself close. Though it took me out of shock I kinda hung there wondering what I should do, my spirit guides must have decided to control my body so I wouldn't completely fuck this up for myself.

They were probably saying, god don't mess this up. Just like I was. I put my hand on top of hers and we walked. I knew I was blushing.

We leisurely made our way up to a nearby market. I knew they had cheap prices for everything, thankfully. It was a good tiny market that many came to buy things from. It had a friendly city tone.