1. 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐝

𝘔𝘢𝘪'𝘠𝘶𝘬𝘰 𝘏𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘜𝘻𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪
𝘈𝘶𝘨𝘶𝘴𝘵 17, 2010
"𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶"

"Hurry up Himari!" Mai'Yuko's mother rushed her.

She was running late for her first day of school. But that wasn't her fault. Her dad had to come pick her up to take her, since her mother couldn't.

"Mommy, I can't button my shirt." Mai'Yuko whined, on the verge of tears. She rushed over to her mom, so she could button up her uniform and her tie.

She almost slipped and fell because of the house house shoes her mother made her wear.

"No running!" Molan scolded her daughter. "You are seven now, you should know how to do this." She struck Mai'Yuko's hands as a punishment.

"And look at your hair! You have kinky hair and not because of me." Molan shook her head.

Molan swore up and down she loved Mai'Yuko, but in reality, she loved her job more than her daughter. She held a grudge against her because she was mixed with African American.

She never meant to get pregnant by Mai'Yuko's dad, but it happened. And now Molan was stuck with a biracial child.

Molan gave Mai'Yuko her last name, so she didn't seem too foreign to her Japanese side of the family.

Molan roughly brushed Mai'Yuko's hair into a high ponytail. She didn't care to perfect it, instead just put her plaid headband on her head and sent Mai'Yuko for her school shoes.

"Mommy these are too small." Mai'Yuko mumbled.

"Put them on now! No time to complain." Molan dismissed her.

Mai'Yuko rolled her eyes and pushed her feet inside the small shoes. Once she was in the shoes, they heard a knock on the door.

Molan rushed to the door and snatched it open. Her face held a grimace while looking at Mai'Yuko's father, Ahmed.

"You're late." She rolled her eyes, she turned around and gave Mai'Yuko her school sweater and pushed her towards her father.

"So was your period." Ahmed mumbled. "Hey ladybug!" He gave his daughter a hug. Mai'Yuko embraced her father, feeling safe in his touch.

"Hi daddy." She mumbled. She let go of him and put her book bag on.

"Let's get you to school." He moved to the side so she could walk through the door.

"See you later mommy. I love you." She said before leaving out the door.

Molan simply nodded her head and opened her laptop to finish documents.

"Daddy, I don't think she loves me." Mai'Yuko sniffed. She looked up at her dad with teary eyes.

"You'll never know someone's feelings ladybug, so don't assume." He wiped her eyes.

"I will always love you." He kissed her cheek, then opened the backseat door.

He couldn't lie to her and tell her Molan loved her when he knew she didn't.