8. 𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐌𝐞

𝘕𝘢𝘻𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘒𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘮 𝘈𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘢
𝘕𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 19, 2018
"𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘦"

"Ma, you seen Yuko lately?" Nazair asked Bahni, making her shake her head.

"No, why you asking me?" She chuckled.

"I-I just haven't seen her in a while. And she's not answering her phone." He explained.

"For how long?" Bahni sat up and grabbed her phone, ready to call Ahmed.

"A couple of... days." He looked down.

"Are you telling the truth?" She asked, and he sighed.

Technically he was telling the truth since three weeks is 21 days which is a couple days.

"No? It's been three weeks." He mumbled.

"And you haven't seen her at school?!" She exclaimed.

"No ma'am." He bit the inside of his cheek.

He didn't know what was going on. To say he missed her was an understatement, because he truly couldn't function without her.

He knew what to do just not how to execute it. He never felt comfortable without her, school was harder, and now he didn't talk. All in the span of three weeks. His schedule was her schedule. Everything he did, she did too.

"You went to her house?" She asked.

"No, they said the house got sold." He answered, making her face scrunch in confusion.

"Go put your shoes on." She pointed upstairs, holding the phone to her ear.

Nazair jogged up the stairs and into his room.

"Huh?" Bahni voiced.

"Her mom died." Ahmed said into the phone.

"Wait.. what? She's with you now?" She asked.

"Yeah, and Zuki is here too." He answered, referring to Kazuki.

"So she hasn't been at school? Because Nazzy said he hasn't seen her." She picked up her coat, putting it on, one sleeve at a time.

"She wanted to do online for right now. And she's not doing well at all. Mai'Yuko always wanted to know if Molan loved her, and now she'll never get closure.. if her mom ever loved her.." He mumbled the last part.

"Hm.. we coming over right now." She said and hung up the phone.

"Nazair hurry up!" She yelled, walking to the door.

He came running down the steps, tripping over his shoe laces.

He followed her to the door and rushed inside of her all white Lexus.

Nazair was worried like crazy. Because not only was Mai'Yuko his girlfriend, she was his best friend too. And he couldn't fathom her not talking to him.

Sitting in the car, he stared at the raindrops falling down window. He watched them as they fell down, seeing which ones would win the races.