29

angel enjoyed her year in new york. she hadn't spoken to dream, or about him really since he messaged that's girl. she had replied to him with a simple message.

clay,
i'm sorry that sam acted that way towards you, it's completely wrong of her, and i feel awful for you that you've had to experience that, no matter what i'm only one call away.
you're my soulmate, and i know that i will always love you, but you broke my trust, going to see her in the first place should've been a red flag. her actions are not your fault, and i'm sorry that it has to be like this but it hurts clay, and i can't do this, or us, as a relationship anymore.
i'm sorry.

and that's the last she heard from the boy. after he ignored her, she avoided him at all costs on social media, and ignored every comment she got on instagram and all the tweets she got regarding the entire situation.

she felt bad, if sam forced herself on him then it wasn't his fault, but the fact that he lashed out on her, didn't tell her, and went to see her in the first place was enough to make angel uncomfortable. she felt bad, and hoped that he would be okay.

meanwhile, she became good friends with schlatt, angel became a frequent guest in his youtube videos. she started being a frequent guest in quackitys streams too, which she always found entertaining. she liked playing jackbox with her friends, and she was often encouraged to start streaming, although she wasn't the biggest fan of the idea.

she was however enjoying creating music. her first song, don't watch me cry, was a big hit. it became popular on tik tok, which lead to it being popular on spotify too. she was proud of herself, and was encouraged to make more music by her fans. after the song hit a million streams she was offered to be signed by many agency's, she accepted the compliment, but with the advice of will she decided not to sign to an agency, and to produce her own music.

she enjoyed it, she used the music to distract herself from thinking of clay. truly, she wasn't over him, and she never would be. he was her soulmate and she was always going to love him, no matter what.

-
-

similar to angel, after the incident clay went completely silent, his phone was smashed to pieces, from the girl angrily throwing it when she found out about sam, but it was useable. he just chose not to.

he was broken without angel, it was clear to see. he had barely gotten out of bed, only to feed patches and use the bathroom. that continued for days. he barely ate, occasionally picking up an apple when he went through the kitchen to feed the cat. he laid in bed all day, crying most of the time.

the pillows still smelled like angel, and he spent many hours crying, remembering the memories he had with the girl, and regretting how badly he fucked up. he knew it was dumb for him to have gone to see sam, but it was a dumb idea he chose to go with so he had to face the consequences. he knew that really, but convinced himself that he could stay in bed another day, and fall asleep, with the hope that he'd wake up and this wouldn't all been an awful nightmare.

but it wasn't. it was all to real.

he stayed off social media for months. he rarely messaged his friends, after a week of his absence he sent a quick 'i'm alive, don't worry.' to his groupchat with nick and george. they were thankful for the message, although neither of the boys stopped worrying about their friend.

clay didn't dare check twitter, he knew it would be flooded with insults directed at both him and angel. it was lucky he didn't. 'clangel' had been trending for a week straight, along with 'dreamexposed' and 'dreamsupport'. he felt as though didn't deserve dream support, he'd messed up and he didn't deserve his fans to be so nice.