Gaming Evening

This is the board I designed in my german class that inspired this fic soo enjoy

Tired and sweaty Lando walked Blizzard, his six-year-old stallion, out of the Arena. It had been a good but hard training and all he wanted to do was to fall into his bed and sleep for the next two days until they had to drive to their next show. Well shit happens, he had first of all promised Alex to give his sister a lift since “he'd be at the barn anyways” and second of all, he also said he'd play some games with them. “How come you haven't sweat at all. Why is it always me? Oh, and now you're also demanding food and scratches. Of course you do. You've been a good boy haven't you?” As if to agree with him, Blizzard eagerly nodded his head and extended his Neck towards him to once again ask for treats.

Shaking his head Lando gave him the already prepared bowl of food and took off his boots and riding gloves to change into more comfortable and most importantly warmer winter shoes.

“Are you finished, because I'm starting to freeze my ass off” turning his head slightly Lando shot Zoe a jokingly annoyed look. “Yeah, shut up or I'll leave you here to walk. I still have to put Blizzard out in Paddock again though. So give me a minute.”
After he had put his horse in paddock again he and Zoe walked to his car and drove to the Albon house in a comfortable Silence.

“Hey, Lando! I feel like I haven't seen you in so long. You should visit more often.” Smiling Lando gave Alex' mum a hug. She was always so nice and lovely. “Well, the Dressage Season will be over soon. I have only two more competitions and then only a small one every once in a while, until the new season starts again. So, I'll try come along more often I promise.” “George and Alex are in the gaming room” ”Thank you” Lando replied before walking up the stairs to get to the gaming room.

He was really happy his friends didn't have a race week this week so they could spend some quality time together, before he had to go to his next tournament and they were busy during race week again.
He knocked on the door but entered without waiting for an answer, because that's what they always did. However, Lando did definitely not expect to see the picture in front of him.

George was sitting on Alex' lap his arms wrapped around his friend’s neck. Lando just stood there not really able to comprehend what was going on. A slight Peng was building up in his chest. Not because he was jealous on either of them but because they hadn't told him and maybe just maybe he also felt a bit lonely and wanted something like they had. A person that knows you inside out. Your best friend, partner and everything in between.

“How …You… Why did you never tell me?” slightly uncomfortable Lando crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned against the Doorframe demanding an answer from his two best friends. Neither of them looked at Lando. George just slowly got off Alex' lap and they sat awkwardly next to each other both staring down at their hands.

“How long has this been going on? Don't you trust me? Heck, you've known I'm gay since like we literally first met each other. You didn't even bother telling me you're into boys. Maybe I'm being dramatic but you could've told me. You know I'd never tell anyone.”

“Look Lando we're really sorry. I swear it's not been going on for long and I didn't tell you anything because I thought you'd tell Alex and figure out I have a crush on him and really I was just confused myself I've never really come to terms with my Pansexuality and I know I still should've told you but I was … I don't even know what I was. Probably so caught up in my own thoughts and feelings that I just forgot.” They were both looking him in the face now.
“For me it just was… I never really felt any kind of attraction towards men and then all of sudden… well it felt like that at least…these feelings for George hit me like truck and I didn’t know how to deal with it. Especially not with the sport we're in. I know you wouldn't have said anything, but I was kinda scared that if I'd say it out loud it would become to real and … I'm so sorry , Lando”

Lando couldn't keep a straight face anymore, he just walked up to them and pulled them both in a hug. “You dumb little shits, I would've helped you.” He heard them exhale “And also how dare you just leave me alone on the single trip. Like, I'm going to spend the entire time we hang out third wheeling. I swear if you eat each other up while I'm in the room I will literally throw a pan at you”, he added to loosen up the mood a bit.
“Okay, message clear.”, Alex smiled briefly. “Well then, what are we playing today?” “A few guys from the grid asked if we're up for a round of online golf, because Charles said and I quote 'Mate there's no way I'll play Golf with you in real Life´. So, if you're up for it we could just start the game and call the others.” George says and Lando doesn´t miss the rather questioning expression on Alex´ face. He just shrugs, “Sure, why not”
“Okay perfect, Alex you call the others to come on discord and me and Lando will start the game.”

In the end they were eight people making 4 Teams in total, which were generated by chance.
The thing was Lando didn't know any of them, of course he knew they were formula 1 drivers as well, but really he only actually knew Alex and George.

“Okay the Teams are selected. George and Charles, My brother and Max, Lando and Arthur and last but not least Nicolas and me.”

“Uhm, So who is Arthur?” Lando quietly said. He was a bit uncomfortable being thrown in a team with a complete stranger. He wasn't really good at making friends and he was mostly shy around people he didn't know in person and not even being able to see that person just hear them yelling around with the others. Yeah no, Lando doesn't like that at all and he knew that Alex knew as well, so why would his best friend choose to just let a generator decide with whom he was going to team up instead of letting him play with either George or Alex.

He got snapped out of his sulking when someone said his name. “So you're Lando, I'm Arthur. Nice to meet ya mate.” “Uhm, hi” Lando was this close to slapping himself. Why was he so awkward. Goddamn it. “You ever played online Golf? Because I haven't.”, the stranger, Arthur, was laughing and it warmed Landos heart. He almost forgot to answer “Uh, So I never played online, but like I've played golf before, you know in real life at a golf park” Yep he should end this right here Arthur probably thought he's a dumb idiot by now.
“I'll take that as no then” the camera was turned on as Lando once again felt a rush of blood spread through his cheeks as the guy behind the camera laughed. This was going to be an interesting game.