Waiting

About a dream I once had

It was late. Cold. 4 in the morning. The sun is not yet to be seen. And I wasn't supposed to be seen either. But something told me that I should go for a walk that night.

It really was freezing out there. I couldn't possible know what could make it be worth it.

I couldn't see the stars from my window and I wanted to see them.

Shouldn't I be scared to go out alone in the middle of the night? How can this be safe?

I must've told myself that life isn't made of secure moments... it is made of the wild unexpected things like rain in a sunny day, like falling in love once and all over again.

So I stepped my foot outside confidently and tried to be present for once.

My mind can warn me but my heart just lets me be and isn't that so much better...

I miss you.

Even though I feel you within me in some kind of way. It still feels impossible not to... miss you.

The wind followed me to the garden where I could see sunflowers and roses growing into their best selves.

How far did I go? How far I am from the person I used to know?

There are still things that I keep within me. I enjoy singing to myself, I love to dance on my own, I am passionate about writing and I am wanting all of those things even more when I'm with you. When I can feel your...

"Hi!"

Presence. You're here.

I jumped and turned around.

"Did I scare you?"

You told me with that same smile that clearly knows you did, and you liked it.

"Just a little."

I said. Trying my best not to show my raw emotions.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm the one who should be asking... You're around my house."

"Yea but it's like 4am so..."

"Are you stalking me?"

"Maybe. Would you like me to?"

What kind of question? Who would ask that? That's right it's you.

And you question, just to find out that I am nervous and I can't stop myself from showing it.

"W-What? What do you mean?"

He opened his eyes looking closer to me. Waiting. Demanding an answer.

"I don't know if I should... answer."

"Then you don't want me to. Well fine, I'll go home then."

He didn't just turned around did he? He knew it. He knew that I couldn't stand watching him walk away.

"Wait."

He stopped. Waiting again.

"I don't...mind."

He came closer and smiled.

"So what were you doing here?"

"It might seem strange but... I was just watching the stars."

"No it's not. I like that plan. Can I watch with you?"

"Yes."

He sat down which made me do the same as well but with a little distance.

"Why so far away? Are you running from me?"

I stand still. Shaking. He came closer. Right next to me.

"Come here".

Slowly he moved my head to then lay on his chest. Right where he knows I like to sleep in, to dream in, to imagine a world with...

He lean in to kiss my forehead.

Peace. That's what it feels like. Nothing can harm me here and that is why I fell asleep so fast.

He continued to touch my hair with his other hand and that's when I knew he was looking at me. When I am not looking. When it is safe to look.

And then with our eyes closed and our hearts closer, we imagine the world we seize to live in. Our own little fantasy world where all our wishes come true, where love is stronger than any hurt, where no one can destroy what we build together. It was never gone. It was always there. Waiting.