Dad?

I walked to my cabin and opened the door. I had just finished part of my plan with Hannah and I was beat. I walked towards my bed and heard a warm voice say, " Hello Jo, it's been forever since I last saw you in person."

I spun around and drew my knife.

"Jo, that isn't necessary," the voice said.

"For you, maybe not, but I like to try an kill my enemies before they kill me, where are you any way."

"A very good tactic is to find and kill your enemies before you die, but how did that work for you a few months ago," the voice said wryly.

Just the mention of the incident made my scars hurt. A searing hot pain went through my body and I writhed across the floor. Suddenly, the world spun and I saw yellow lights in my eyes. Then as quick as it started everything went black.

"Jo, Jo are you ok," A warm voice, the same one I heard in my cabin, said worryingly.

I woke up on my bed. An Apollo girl, the same one that I saw when I went to see Andrew, came and changed the ice pack on my head I thanked her and she walked out. Then a man who looked around 35, with black hair and warm sea green eyes walked towards my bed. He was wearing a flimsy Hawaiian shirt, the kind with the weird flowers all over them, and a pair of khaki shorts. He walked over and sat down near me. He smiled and grabbed my hand.

"Hello son," he said quietly.

"Hi dad," I said, shaping the word in my mouth, then noticing he was staring at me I said," sorry I'm not used to that word."

"I'm sorry I haven't come to see you, I've been so busy remodeling my castle in the oce-"

"Oh so that's how it is," I cut in,"you let your sons and I don't know, maybe you have daughters too, anyway, you let them fight monsters and die for their friends, but in the process you sit around like some kind of king and remodel your freaking castle. I died dad, I didn't just get injured, I literally went to Hades and back. And anyway why did I go to hades I should have reformed. And been evil or whatever."

Poseidon's face looked pained his eyes filled with sadness and anger. "Dont ever talk like that again I am a king I'm a god."

"No you aren't," I yelled, "you are not a king, all of you gods fight for that stupid throne. Go ahead blast me to peices, but remember this Zues is the king, even though he sometimes fails miserably. You could be his best General or even like a vice president, but no all of you stupid gods have your clouded minds set on king. If anything why wouldn't you try to get Hestia or maybe even Athena as queen. Both are wise and usually right. The age of the gods would be over by now without humans and heros. Why not listen to them for once instead of being so stubborn."

"I'll talk to Zeus about it," he replied tiredness in his voice.