Chapter 13

It was already Saturday and Erwin hadn't invited Levi over again. Had he done something wrong? Maybe he pushed the man too far when they watched the movie. Erwin had seemed a bit off since then. And when Levi saw him for class and for swimming lessons, he seemed tired. Levi hadn't said anything though. He didn't want to be rude, but now he sort of wished he had. Was Erwin okay? Levi would ask him tonight.

Levi: Hey, Overlook tonight?

Erwin: Sure. Want to come over early? Like 6?

Levi checked his clock. He would have just enough time to shower, dress, and make it there on time.

Levi: See you then.

Levi took the fastest shower of his life then changed into an outfit he hoped made him look good. Where were Hange and Petra when he needed them? Levi grabbed his wallet, phone, and keys before heading out. He made it at six o' seven and knocked.

Erwin opened the door. "Hey Levi!" He opened the door for him to come in. Once closed, he leaned down and kissed the man.

"So what are we going to do?" Levi asked.

Erwin shrugged. "Make out and drink beer?"

Levi laughed. "Nothing else?"

"Maybe I'll smoke a bit?" Erwin suggested. "I don't know what you kids do these days. I'm old." Levi laughed and stepped as close as possible to the man's chest. Well, lower chest and stomach. Levi placed a hand on his chest.

"You aren't that old." Levi said.

"I feel like it." Erwin mumbled.

"I was going to ask," Levi said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Erwin turned and offered Levi a cold beer. "Here." Levi hesitated but took it. Should he push the issue? Probably not. He wanted to be sure but the last thing he needed was Erwin to be mad at him. Levi opened the beer and took a swig.

"Want to sit outside?" Levi asked.

"You read my mind." Erwin led him outside. After seven beers, Levi was impressed with Erwin. After ten Levi was getting concerned. The empty beer cans and cigarette butts littered the table around him. Levi checked his phone. It was about time to walk over to the bar.

"Hey," Levi stood. "It's almost time to head over."

"Oh, right." Erwin slurred, swaying as he stood.

"Let me grab a garbage can to clean up then We can leave." Levi went inside. He didn't see any garbage cans in the kitchen so he opened the pantry. Levi glanced up when something caught his eye. The top three shelves were nothing but hard alcohol bottles. And there were only four shelves. Levi swallowed. Maybe he just enjoyed collecting it...? But most if not all of the bottles were partially empty. Levi shook his head. He would deal with it later. He grabbed the garbage can and took it outside. Erwin was smoking again. So much for trying to quit. Levi cleaned up the beer cans.

"Thanks, Levi." Erwin said.

"You're welcome." Levi said. "Now let's get going." Erwin followed Levi through the dark house and grabbed his keys, wallet, and phone and locked the door behind them. Erwin reached down and grabbed Levi's hand.

"Is this okay?" Levi asked and Erwin nodded. They waled to the bar in silence, Levi thinking about how to address Erwin's drinking problem. If there was one. They arrived at the bar and met up with Mike, Nile, Hange, and Petra. Erwin ordered rum and coke for them both. Levi sipped on his.

"You two drink before this?" Hange asked.

"Yeah," Erwin chuckled. "Could you tell?"

Mike rolled his eyes. "It's amazing what this man can put down, huh Levi?"