Chapter 15

It has been a week since Sarah's big game and we are all getting ready for the end of the semester, I am on my way to the clinic with Sarah and Colton as it is our last day of working until next semester. We arrived but panicked when we saw what was in front of us, there were about three police cars and an ambulance outside the clinic.

Dr Thomas and Maggie were being checked by the paramedics and the police officers looked to be searching the perimeter, we jumped out of the car and immediately went to go check on Dr Thomas and Maggie. "Oh my goodness, are you guys okay?", Sarah asked worry laced in her voice, "What happened?", I asked concerned. "I'm sorry Ardnola, they just showed up. We tried to stop them, but they threatened to hurt us if we didn't oblige.", Dr Thomas said in dismay.

I looked at Dr Thomas in confusion, then it hit me 'Ozzy'! I ran to his tank, fear lacing through my veins, I pushed the door open and abruptly stopped. Do you know that feeling of panic ; you can feel the world spinning but everything is actually going in slow-mo? It's like your entire world has stopped moving and you are frozen in time, that feeling of emptiness and like there is nothing in the world that can help you get out of this feeling of being frozen in time.

That's what it felt like when my world abruptly stopped, when I saw that Ozzy was no longer in his tank where I see him every day. I fall to my knee's to appalled to do anything, it felt like hours before I finally realized a hand touching my shoulder. I look up to see Colton looking at me with condolence while I just stare back in sorrow. He sits next to me for what felt like hours but was probably merely a few minutes.

"You know before I moved here I didn't exactly know what I wanted to do with my life, I w asn't even sure if I should've come here in the first place.", I said thinking out loud, while Colton acknowledged me in silence. "I got a scholarship to one of the best schools in the U.S, but I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. That was until we found Ozzy on the beach that evening. He helped me, after finding him and working with him I've realized why I came her. ", I said looking at Ozzy's tank.
We sat in silence for a few more moments before realization hit me, I instantly stood up and ran to the entrance where Dr Thomas and the rest were with Colton right behind me. "Dr Thomas did you manage to see who it was?", I asked impatiently.

"It all happened so fast, they were wearing masks, so I didn't get to see their faces. But there were about five guys, and they went straight for Ozzy. They also had a bit of a foreign accent.", Dr Thomas said thinking back to the events that happened today. Thinking back to what recently happened it dawned on me, "I think I know who the culprits are!", I said immediately.