Chapter 3

"Yes mom, don't worry everything is fine. I have unpacked and I promise to call you again this evening.", I replied to my mom on the phone "I'm going to be late for the party, no it's more like a small get together at the beach before school starts. Yes, I promise to look after myself, lo ve you too bye.", I said ending the call looking at a smiling Sarah sitting on the bed.

"Your mom seems nice." Sarah says smiling grabbing her bag off her chair "You ready to go?" she asked me, I nodded in response grabbing my phone putting it in my bag locking the door behind us.

The whole car ride was Sarah informing me about who is who in the group, school, and things she liked in general. Like she likes sports, animals, art, her favourite season is spring, she enjoys stargazing and is going to study marine biology.

In the short time that I have known her which is only about a day I have come to realize a few things about her, she smiles a lot, is very chatty, can be forgetful at times and is verry witty but also an extremely sweet person. I am really lucky to have met her when I did, I think I'm going to really enjoy it here.

After about a thirty-minute drive we made it to Half Moon Bay State Beach, it was only about 16:00 so we would still be able see the sun set. We got out of the car while I was following a giggling Sarah walking to a bunch of people frantically waving their hands for us to come over. After making our way to the 'Jazz hands friends' (that's what I decided to call them), Sarah greeted them giving them each a hug.

The 'Jazz hands friends consisted of two boys and a girl and I presume Sarah, "Guys this is Ardnola, Ardnola this is Amanda, James, and Colton.", Sarah said breaking my train of thoughts. "Hi!" they all said in union with smiles on their faces. "Hello.", I said giving a small wave "Guys why don't we go and start the bonfire?" Amanda suggested we all agreed and started getting to work.

While everyone was helping out, I was looking at the four friends, Amanda has straight red hair, with green eyes and is about 5,6 feet tall. James has light brown hair, blue eyes and is about 6 feet tall, Colton has dark brown almost black hair, with dark hazel eyes and is about 6,2 in height. Sarah is 5,3 with shoulder length dark brown hair, and chocolate brown eyes.

We were all sitting around the bonfire waiting for the sun to set, everyone was talking and laughing engaged in their own conversations. "Hey guys, I'm going to go for a short walk. I want to go and look around a bit." I said to them "Do you want us to come with?" Sarah asked, shaking my head "No it's fine, I won't be long. See you guys in a bit.", I responde d and got up to leave. Walking slowly while allowing the waves to go over my feet, I heard someone call my name in the distance .

Turning around I saw it was Colton "Hi, sorry thought you might want some company also it's dark and I don't think you are too familiar with everything yet?", he said giving a light chuckle "No worries." I responded giving him a small smile. "So where are you from?", he asked me through the awkward silence. Just as I was about to reply to his question something caught my eye "Oh my word, what is that!", I exclaimed in a panicky voice.