16

The next morning Patrick and the girls came to the hospital at 8am, they grabbed some breakfast on their way to the hospital. They stopped at Starbucks to get some coffee for them and Ellen. When they arrived at the hospital they were stopped by a nurse. "Mr Dempsey, the doctor would like to talk to you and your wife. We'll send a nurse to watch your kids as long as needed."

"Thanks, when is the doctor coming?"

"Any minute" the nurse said

They went inside Ellen's room and woke her up, she was in a lot more pain than yesterday.

"Hello, Miss Pompeo and Mr Dempsey" The doctor said

"Pumpkins, you need to go with the sweet nurse for a moment, the doctor wants to talk to us"

Ellen didn't know that yet so she started to get worried, Patrick saw his Ellie was scared so he grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"Miss Pompeo we think we found the cause of your dizziness. The tests we did on your heart showed you have a heart disease but it isn't dangerous, that's why you never noticed. You don't need surgery, we just want to give you medication to keep it under control, it will make your blood pressure go higher and you won't be so dizzy anymore. For the tiredness, that's because of the stress and the low blood pressure. So you need to take it slow. We need you to find a good cardio doctor and he'll do the follow ups"

"So I can be transferred?"

"Yes, at 3pm the ambulance will come and pick you up, and they will drive you to the hospital you chose. But first I want to do another test to see how your legs and back are"

After the test the doctor went outside and the nurse brought the children back. Ellen and Patrick explained to them what happened and what's going to happen.