Chapter 1- The Escape

Time passed so fast that the 3 days of training and learning passed by in a flash. It was 2 am, and very soon Shiori and the gang will be out of this house and into the outside world. Shiori was busy reading the Book for Whisperers. "Mew, mew?" a little voice was made behind Shiori's back. Shiori looked behind to see her little familiar. In the last 3 days, Shiori was able to learn all the spells and functions needed to counterattack the guards or even her own mother. In one of the lessons, she was told by the Book that Whisperers can have familiars who are not able to be seen by anyone else but the Class itself. Shiori's familiar was a little cat dragon. The body was that of a cat, except the tail was that of a dragon and the wings are attached to the familiar. It had the colour of a Caribbean blue calcite as its body, and the eyes a beautiful purple starry night. Quietly, Shiori mouthed out the words. "Artemis, come here. I'm reading on this part, wonder what it means...." One thing Shiori has not been able to learn is a section of the book which could only be seen by Whisperers. Since no one was able to see this section, she has only herself and maybe Artemis to find out what the Magic Phrase meant. In Magic Language, this Phrase was saying that it's a spell for a Key that will appear when the spell reads the Spell Formula. At first, Shiori thought that the Phrase had a typing area so she laughed at it and shrugged it off. However, she had tried so many different ways to try out the Spell Formula, but to no avail. Artemis seemed to try reading the Formula, but nothing worked. Shiori looked at the time. It was already 30 more minutes to her escape, but she still couldn't summon the Key needed for the escape. After all, the Key has the power to change Shiori's main class whenever and how much she wanted to. That means that since she is a Whisperer, she can use this key that will let her change the class she wants just by chanting out the name of the Class, followed by the Spell Formula that she wants to cast. At that moment, a light bulb moment came to Shiori. She remembered a page stating that the familiar can become a human.

"Shiori?"

Shiori was too busy to hear the voice, quickly chanting the Spell Formula to make Artemis human. "Shiori!! Look up!!!" Artemis shook Shiori, who was then brought back to reality. When the girl looked up, she saw Mrs Aoi, who was with Ayane. She heaved a sigh of relief, worried for a minute there that it was her mother. Mrs Aoi asked quietly.

"Ready?"

Shiori told Mrs Aoi to wait a little bit more and asked Artemis to chant the spell. With the Spell made a key pop up in front of Shiori. Upon seeing this, Shiori quickly tapped the key on her forehead and whispered for the powers of the Magicians. Afterwards, she chanted the Spell Formula needed to activate the lantern and release the sleeping gas out to get rid of those guarding the area outside of Shiori's bedroom.

After a while, Shiori and the gang got out of the room through the window, quietly closing it. Shiori tapped the key on her forehead softly and whispered for the powers of the Fairies, and sang the sleeping song to make sure those lying on the floor are unable to undo the magic for a while longer. When everyone reached the hidden escape route, Mrs Aoi moved away from the block of grass that was hiding the entrance of the route. Shiori's heart beat loudly. She quickly jumped into the hole and stared at the light that showed the way to the exit.

"Quickly, we might be found out." Mrs Aoi whispered and started jogging swiftly towards the exit. While everyone was walking fast, Shiori noticed that the route was only part of a maze that could be endless if one takes the wrong route. Roughly about 10 minutes later, Shiori saw the exit and saw a teleportation device glowing. Masao came towards Shiori and handed her a safety helmet. She looked at the helmet with confusion and wore it on. Masao gently took Shiori's hand and took her towards the device. A bright light engulfed her visions, and when Shiori opened her eyes, she saw herself on a vast field that seemed to be on top of a mountain. She could see a cliff showing the end of the field and a vast sky that was filled with machines that were flying over her head. She looked behind and saw Mrs Aoi forcing the teleportation device to self-destruct, and Masao busy talking on the phone. "Mew!" Artemis was squealing excitedly, rolling over the grass and chewing on the flowers and grass off the mountain.

"Omg! Shiori, are you ok??" Mrs Aoi shouted and Shiori looked at everyone, who had worried looks. "W..what?" Shiori stuttered, wondering what was worrying them. Suddenly, Shiori realised her eyes were teary and only then did she realise she was crying. For a while, Shiori just quietly cried, staring around in awe. Afterwards, she went into Mrs Aoi's arms and continued crying, whilst tightening her grip on Mrs Aoi's clothes. The past events of her escaping made her once again remember she is finally free from her own family, which was the centre of her fear towards life. The events that happened throughout 15 years of her life was finally over thanks to Mrs Aoi and her son who let Ayami and her be freed of the cruelty they were brought up in, and Shiori couldn't find any more words to thank these two people for granting them the freedom that they wanted for their entire life.