𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 5

Later Draco and Blaise decided to hang out so Pansy and I decided to go on a walk. We were in a flower garden that only seventh years were allowed to be in. As we walked we talked about random things until I asked her, "Who do you like?" She went silent and stopped walking. I looked at her and she gaped her mouth slightly.
    "You know the redhead Gryffindor girl?" I smiled and nodded. She continued, "I don't know but there is something different about her. She has quirks but she is very kind." Pansy smiled.
    "Have you talked to the Weasley girl?" I asked and tilted my head.
    "Actually we are doing our potions project together and I am quite exhilarated." I smiled, "You must really like her if you're saying that you are 'exhilarated'." We laughed and turned around to see Blaise and Draco behind a pole.
    "Finally you told someone other than me." Blaise exclaimed as him and Draco walked towards us.
    "Hold up, Blaise knew?" I asked and I was very surprised, to say the least. He nodded and we all sat down on the grass. I also laid down a blanket I had in my bag and we looked up at the sky.
"That cloud looks funny." I thought aloud and pointed. Everyone laughed and I closed my eyes and laid back. I hit Draco and he pulled me into him. Pushing my head into his stomach lightly. I sighed and just sat in my thoughts.
"Sometimes I wished my head would explode with all of my thoughts." Pansy said lowly.
"I wish I could obliviate myself from my parents but I couldn't. The good memories would be gone." I said keeping my voice down.
"What if nothing ever happened to us. If the war didn't happen we wouldn't be friends." Draco sighed out like he was holding in a breath he didn't know was there.
"Yeah I guess so. But then we wouldn't have lost parts of our family." I said pursing my lips.
"She doesn't lie." I sighed and let a tear down my cheek that only Draco saw. He smiled in sympathy and rubbed back.
'Why did this happen? I hate magic.'
__
The rest of the day for us was slow. I was sitting in my dorm, staring at the world. It was beautiful. The clouds grazed the blue sky perfectly and the mountains reached out into the blue. It was one big painting. I heard someone walk in and I whipped my head around.
"Hey Katie." Pansy said, sitting down next to me.
"Hey Pans, you scared me half to death. What's up?" I asked her and she looked down and smirked. "Pansy.."
"Ok so tonight there's this party in the Slytherin common room. Every house is invited and Ginny asked me to go with her. Oh and there is a new girl... her name is Jane. She is really nice. But you remember Neville right?" I nodded. "Well that Jane girl is in Slytherin and I found out that Neville asked her out and she said yes. So in conclusion to my rambling we all have dates, even Blaise is going out with the weird Ravenclaw blonde. So you and Draco could go together." I shook my head and she tried to convince me. I heard my door open again and screamed. It was only Blaise and Draco. They plopped down onto my bed and looked at me.
"No need to fangirl over us darling." Draco said whilst throwing a pillow at Blaise.
"Can you maybe not mess up my bed?" I asked while sitting on the bed with them. Pansy added herself to the bed so now we were all together.
"You have a date to the party yet Katie?" Blaise asked while raising his eyebrows. He knew full well that I didn't have a date.
"Nope, I don't do dates." I said, sinking deeper into my seat."
"Go with Malfoy." I hopped up and ran into the bathroom after what Pansy said. I was scared to date, after Cedric died I haven't dated anyone. And yes I did date Diggory. I didn't want to lose someone again. Draco unlocked the door with a spell and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.
"Sorry about Pansy, you know her." I nodded as he sank onto the bathroom floor with me. I leaned into his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around my waist. He let me play with the rings on his opposing finger while telling me sweet little nothings.
"You know that we don't need to go to the party. How about we stay in my dorm and watch some movies?" I nodded and we went back to silence.