𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

Keiji and his Mother made it to Washington, but he soon realized the mistake he made. He didn't belong there. He belonged with Koutarou. William was a gentleman, but Keiji didn't feel like he was home. Keiji packed his bags and got on the nearest train back to Utah. 

The train ride took two days and it felt like an eternity. Something was off, but he didn't know what. Keiji felt awful for just up and leaving Kouatrou like that. He didn't deserve that. So when he arrived to see the house quiet and a thin layer of dust on the floor, he panicked.

"Koutarou?!" He yelled into the large Manor, but received no answer. "Koutarou?!"

Keiji rushed into the kitchen to see a note and the note read:

August 25, 1872
My dearest Keiji,

Keiji, you are the love of my life. I've never been truly happy until I met you on that warm summer Wednesday. I remember every moment between us, from when you talked about how your dog ate your favorite quill to how your father took you to the local bar when you were seven. Your eyes are like the deepest part of the ocean, I could drown in them if I had the chance. Your olive skin reminds me of the golden sands that belong to the beach. I believe there is another world waiting for us, Keiji, a better world. And I'll be waiting for you there. I have one last request, if you are to return home and find my lifeless body, burn me and spread my ashes under our favorite lemon tree.

-Koutarou

Keiji dropped his luggage tears in his ocean eyes. He ran upstairs and that's when he saw his love, dead. In the master bathroom Koutarou sat in the claw foot bathtub, a hole through his head. And it hit Keiji. He isn't here anymore.